✧ Eighteen ✧

Damon

     Jamie held on to the pregnant test the entire way home, just staring at it.
     "We're having a baby." He finally spoke as we got home.
     "I can't believe it." I kissed his temple.
     "We have so much to do, so much to plan." And then he turned to me. "You promised me."
     "I know, I'm gonna call the doctor tomorrow."
     "First thing in the morning?"
     "First thing in the morning." I confirmed with a nod.
     He hugged me tightly, burying his face into my chest. I kissed the top of his head and held him. "Are you still mad at me?"
     "I was never mad." He looked up at me. "I was upset, and hurt. I'm still hurt, honestly."
     "I'm sorry. The last thing I ever want to do is hurt you."
     "I know you weren't trying to, but it scares me. The thought of losing you scares me. Especially now that Jane's pregnant."
     "You're not gonna lose me, Jamie."
     "You don't know that, Damon." He stressed. "We have to find a lawyer, Jane has to waive her maternal rights, I have to adopt the baby. If something happens to you, and I haven't adopted the baby yet, I lose them. Listen to me, Damon. It's not just about us anymore, we have to take every possible outcome into consideration."
     "Jameison, she's only a few weeks along."
     "That's good. The earlier, the better."
     I played lazily with his fingers. "Then maybe we should talk about if something does happen..."
     "What are you getting at?" He raised a brow.
     "That if something does happen to me...I want you to move on. I want you to find someone else, get married again, have more kids. I want you to live."
     He looked at me like I was dumb as hell. "Why would I want anybody else?"
     "Why would you not want to?"
     "Because I love you."
     "All I'm saying is if you find someone else and they make you happy-"
     "Damon, no one else is ever going to make me as happy as you, so don't even go there."
     I wanted to argue with him, but I didn't have it in me. If that's what he felt, then it's what he felt.