✧ Thirty ✧

Damon

It was a letter over a week since the the last ultrasound. Neither of us had talked to Jane much since I'd made her cry. I still didn't feel bad about it. She needed to hear it, and I'm just glad I got to be the one to tell it to her. But anyways, Jamie had the previous night off, so we were actually up at the same time this morning. And, only my sister, Ashlie, but Jamie's eldest sister, Victoria, had called us, telling us to make sure we were at Jamie's parent's house around six. We questioned them as to why, but they both refused to tell us, saying we'd see when we got there. I didn't really think too much of it, but it was giving Jamie anxiety. And he stayed in that state of mind until we got there. And we were even more confused as hell when we turned down their street, realizing that both of our families were parked outside of their house.
"What do you think this is all about?" Jamie asked, biting his bottom lip.
"I guess we'll find out," I sighed and somehow managed to find a spot to park.
I climbed out of the car first and waited for Jamie, grabbing his hand as he led me inside. I could tell he was holding his breath as he turned the knob to the front door and we were both taken back.
The entire living room, and much to my imagination - the rest of the downstairs - was strewn with multicolored balloons, foil ones that were filled with helium and tied off read 'baby shower!' and other various assorted versions of the phrase.
They decided to throw a baby shower. But for who? Jamie and I, or Jane and Weston?
"You're here!" Ashlie greeted us, placing a plate filled with decorated cookies onto the table.
"What's with all of this?" I gestured towards everything.
"Well there's babies being born, obviously we're gonna celebrate them." My sister looked at me like I was an idiot.
"Yeah," I nodded. "But I thought everybody knew the situation, and why we didn't want to have one."
Something clicked in her eyes, but she just smiled at me. "Don't worry about it, Damon, really."
Before I could protest, Jane rounded the corner from the kitchen. She excitedly interjected herself into our conversation. She took Jamie's hands into her's. "I figured we should finally throw a baby shower." She smiled to him. "After Damon gave me a really hard look into the truth," she shot me a look and I smirked. "Weston and I were talking. We can barely already take care of Roman as it is. We don't have the ability to raise two newborns on top of him. That's why, no matter if these babies end up being biologically Weston's, we want you to be their fathers. You're so ready to be a dad, and I have no right to take that away from you."
Tears fell fast from Jamie's eyes, and he quickly erupted into a sobbing mess. He pulled her into a tight hug, and the two of them continued to hug and cry it out.

There were multiple games, all of which pertained to Janey's bump. Rachael and Corey made cookies, cupcakes, and other sweet snacks. Maggie had made a spaghetti dinner, and after we all had full bellies, Victoria and Ashlie brought out these two giant black balloons.
"Baby A," Ashlie smiled, giving the balloon and a needle to Jamie.
"And Baby B," Victoria handed me the same, an equal smile on her own face.
We were gonna find out their sexes, and I suddenly got a giddy feeling in the pit of my gut.
"Are you ready?" Jane shouted, waiting until everyone was paying attention, and then began a countdown of "...3...2...1..."
Both of our needles met their balloons, and after a second, the both let out a loud POP, blue confetti and sparkles racing onto the hardwood floor.
Jamie looked at me, bewildered. We were gonna have two baby boys.

After we cried from happiness over our recent discovery, it was time for gifts. A lot of people got us clothes for them now and months to come, as well as some for when they reached toddler age. We got baby games, toys, pacifiers, and bottles. A swing, a pack and play, safety gates for when they become adventurous  we got a baby monitor, and even two infant car seats.

We hadn't even expected any of this, but here we were, celebrating our boys.