✧ Seventeen ✧

Damon

     My family's barbecues were still an upheld tradition. And tonight was the last of the year, seeing as it was the beginning of October. Jamie didn't want to go, he didn't want to do much of anything since he found out. I had to beg him, especially since his own family would be there, and we never missed one. Ever.
He was silent for the whole ride there, and he wasn't all that talkative when we got there, either. As soon as Christian seen us, he looked guilty, and he had good reason to. I was pissed at him. He had no right to tell Jamie.
     "Why the hell would you tell him?" I demanded when it was jus the two of us.
     "I told you, if you weren't going to, I was." He replied.
     "You didn't have a right to tell him."
    "I might not have had the right to tell him, but Jamie had the right know."
     I didn't have an argument against that. Yeah, he did have the right to know, but I should've been the one to tell him.
     I didn't tell any of the rest of my family about it. I was gonna on my own terms, and I made sure both Jamie and Christian knew that.

     "Hello, babies!" Vanessa cried as we entered the kitchen, her and my mom were making something. She wiped her hands on a dish towel and then hugged us.
     "Hi, Vanessa." I hugged her back, she had a tight grip, at least I wasn't feeling any pain.
     "You're my son now!" She gushed. "I still can't get over it!"
     "I know!" My mom gushed, pinching and squeezing my cheeks. "I dreamed about the day my baby would be married, and my dreams didn't compare to how beautiful it really was."
     Vanessa's looked at Jamie, and I think she knew something was up. "Go on back outside, boys. Dinners almost done."
     Jamie led me out by the hand. Our dads were grilling; my mom came out after us, setting things on the table in the back. Rachael and Corey were chasing down my nieces, Jeremy's daughters, Sophie and Robyn, and Christian's daughters, Luna and Brianna and Janey's son, Roman. Janey, and Victoria were sitting in plastic chairs, along with Maggie, Christian's wife. Cole, Connor, Preston, and Colin were playing two-on-two football while Christian and Jeremy were talking.
     "Uncle Damon!" Sophie had noticed me first and began to run at me, causing all of them to come running.
     Jamie and I were mobbed by all of them, each of them wanted us to hold them. We were definitely the favorite uncles. You know those babysitters that get the kids all hyper just as their parents come home? Yeah, that's us.
     I had to be careful about lifting them, which made Jamie watch me with a worried expression.
     "I'm okay, babe." I kissed him on the lips, making the girls squeal.
     "Foods done!" Stan called out.

     It was a basic barbeque for the adults while the kids had hamburgers and hot dogs.
     Minus Brianna.
     Her face was drenched in barbeque sauce from the ribs, much like Christian's beard. No DNA test was needed to prove that his youngest was his. Just give them a plate of food and watch the way they sleep and there's all the proof you'd ever need.

     When dinner was over, the kids were getting antsy, and I purposely chose to ignore Rachel and Connor getting closer and closer to each other all night. No one else had seemed to notice it, but I knew my little brother, and he definitely had a crush.
     Everyone was getting ready to go home, and that's when Jane came up to us. She hugged her twin hard enough that I heard his back pop and she burst into tears. She slid something into his hands and said, "I'm pregnant."