✧ Twenty-Three ✧

Damon

     "...I literally work with stubborn children all day and night, and not a single one of them are as stubborn as ours." Jamie pouted as pulled into the target parking lot.
     I laughed. "Definitely got that from your side of the family."
     "I'm the stubborn one?" He looked bewildered. "I'm pretty sure my mom knew instant that I was a boy. I'm pretty sure I had my legs spread wide open in the womb."
     "And you're still like that outside of the womb."
     He blushed like a mad man. "Three ultrasounds in a row and the baby can't just move their leg the slightest inch?"
     "Well, maybe this is a blessing. Maybe it's a sign that they won't be some kind of sexual deviant and make us grandparents in the next 15 years."
     He rolled his eyes, clearly not amused. "I just wanna know, you know? I want to start buying clothing!"
     I laughed. "We already have started buying clothing, though."
     "I mean like, cute little dresses if they're a girl. Stuff like that." He never stopped pouting. "I mean, look at how cute all of this clothing is." He groaned, throwing his arms up at the rows of baby clothes.
     "I know, I know," I smiled at him. "All I'm good time, baby."

     We almost had the nursery done, all of the furniture was set up and decorated. Because we still weren't sure the sex, we decided to go with a nice grey theme. Realistically, we were almost completely ready for the baby. We had almost everything we needed as far as baby necessities.
     Janey was going to breastfeed for the first couple of days, and then was going to pump for at least up to six months, maybe up to a year if there weren't many complications. We were completely fine with formula feeding. A fed baby is a happy baby.
     Speaking of Janey, my phone buzzed with a text message from her, and Jamie got one, too. Jamie looked over at me, worry in his big blue eyes as he read what was on both of our screens.
     We need to talk.