Chapter 10 - A Riddle

Pisces POV

Pisces POV

Sophie showed us around the Dragon Sanctuary, pointing out the place where all the dragons' habitats were and where the workers slept and all. Aquarius and Aries were in heaven, gasping every time they saw a new species of dragon, but all I was thinking about was how we were going to "claim" the realm, if it was even possible.

"How is being here going to help us claim the Realm?" I asked Virgo, falling behind to her pace. She too had seemed entranced with the whole idea of dragons, but once she heard my question, she snapped right back to thinking. 

"Well, maybe dragons are a part of claiming this Realm," she suggested as a dragon swooped overhead. I looked up and saw its blue scales gleaming in the scant sunlight.

"You might be right . . but there's still so much that we don't know."

Virgo shrugged. "I have a feeling that Sophie knows what to do. We can just trust her, I guess. the dragons have already proved themselves capable of protecting us."

I shivered as I remembered that dragon just snapping up a person in one bite. Sure, she might've been evil, but she was still a human being . .

"Here is where you will be staying," Sophie called. I looked to where she was pointing and gasped. It was a huge building with hundreds of balconies and rope bridges connecting it to the others.

"Whoa," Capricorn marveled. Aries grabbed onto his arm and whispered something into his ear, to which he made a face and replied, "Absolutely not."

She sighed and folded her arms. "It would be a good idea, though."

"No. You'd get killed."

"So a good idea!"

The two of them started bickering as Sophie led us into the building. I sighed but straightened up again as I saw the room she led us into. The ceiling was covered with crystals, and several doorways that looked more like cave entrances led downwards. 

"Ursa simply told me that you'd need a place to stay while you're here," Sophie said, turning to us. "She said you'd know what to do."

I looked to Virgo, who looked shocked. "Um, forget what I said."

"Great," I heard Leo grumble. "What are we going to do now?"

Sophie sent him an apologetic look. "She told me that you're resourceful enough to figure it out. She also had a message for you. I can give it to you, if you want."

"Yes please," Libra said eagerly. "In the meantime, can you please show us our rooms?"

Sophie nodded. "Of course, but I wanted to show you the crystal caves first."

"What the heck are crystal caves?" Scorpio asked. Sophie pointed to the cave-entrance doorways. 

"They're caves that you can use to practice or do whatever Ursa wants you to do," Sophie explained, leading us into one of them.  I gasped when I saw them. Clusters of crystals were tucked into the corners of the rocky path, and they emitted a pale light that made everything look ethereal.