Chapter 11 - Tales and Tragic

A/N there's a bit of dark stuff in this chapter, just wanted to warn you guys. There's a reason that the chapter's name is tales and tragic.

*time skip*

Leo POV

"Old wizards' tales?" Sophie mused, petting the snout of a small bright gray-and-green dragon.

"You did say to come to you if we needed anything," I pointed out.

"No she didn't," Capricorn whispered.

"I thought it was implied," I hissed back.

Sophie laughed. "Well, you say you searched through the Dragon Sanctuary's library?"

Libra and Gemini nodded. "But we found nothing," Gemini complained. "About old wizards' tales, of course."

Sophie tapped her chin. "And Ursa sent you the clue?"

We all nodded. She tilted her head. "Very well. I do have a private selection of books that were to be thrown away --"

Virgo gasped with horror.

Sophie smiled. "--but I guess you can have them to sift through."

"Another thing," Aries chimed. "Can we please --"

"Nope." Capricorn covered her mouth and turned to Sophie. "What she meant to say was 'How many wizards' tales do you think you have?'"

She shrugged. "A little over 200? We don't really have that many here."

Aries removed Capricorn's hand and squeezed it in a fist so that he couldn't do anything. "But --" 

He used his other hand to put a finger to her lips and told Sophie like nothing happened, "Can you send them to the library, please?"

She nodded and I could see that she was trying not to laugh at Aries's expression. The girl looked murderous as she removed Capricorn's hand and tried again. "Also can we --"

Capricorn kissed her cheek. "Please shut the fuck up or I won't give you access to my playlist anymore."

Aries quieted down instantly, and Sophie grinned. I actually snickered at this. "Alright. Do you guys have something else to do in the meantime? Because your help would be appreciated . ."

Aquarius's eyes widened. "Do you mean . .?"

*time skip*

Sophie had put us in pairs to each work with a specific dragon. Wisely, (or unwisely -- it depends on how you see it) she'd put Aries and Capricorn together, though I could hear her exploding at him even from this far away.

"What do you think Aries wanted to do?" I asked Taurus, who I was working with. He looked up from petting the bathtub-sized purple dragon we were assigned and shrugged.