Chapter 19 - Rescuing the Zodiacs (pt. 2)

Cancer POV

Cancer POV

The airship descended slowly through the clouds. I peered out the window at the glittering mansion, my arm around Taurus.

"I really hope you guys get them out of there," Taurus said, cradling his ankle.

"Don't worry, we will," Aries reassured, poking her head out the window. "I'm gonna go land it real quick." She rushed out of the room and Taurus pouted.

"I can't believe I'm not coming."

"Don't worry," I said. "It'll be fine. You need to get that ankle checked, anyways."

Taurus pouted some more and massaged his ankle. "Don't do that," I said gently, taking away his hand. "It'll only make it hurt more."

He frowned. "Really?"

I shrugged. "I'm not a medical expert, but I have a feeling."

He set his foot down with some difficulty. "Alright."

Just then, the ship started to descent, sliding through the trees easily. It swerved around the mansion until it found the place where the other teams' airships were parked. There were two. The first team had come in on a dragon, apparently.

Aries popped back in the room. "Okay guys, this is where me and Cancer get off. Wish us luck, Taurus?"

"Oh, am I staying in here while you guys get off?" he asked.

I patted him on the head. "Don't worry."

He looked like he was contemplating something, then said," I'll accompany you guys to the entrance. I can walk that far."

Aries shrugged. "Fine by me."

I helped Taurus up to the entrance door of the airship. Aries pushed it open and hopped out, gesturing for me to do the same.

Taurus gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and pushed me out gently. "Be safe," he said, stepping back as the door automatically closed.

I touched my cheek, confused, staring at the porthole window-less door. "What just happened?"

Aries smirked. "Strange that the door needs manual force to open but can automatically close, don't you think?" She turned on her heel and gestured for me to follow. "Come on."

"