Chapter 69 - The Best Flavor is Orange

*time skip*

Aries POV

"Taurus wouldn't just disappear like that, though," I argued, closing the freezer door. "He's got to have a reason -- he's dependable -- so there's no reason to eat his special ice cream."

Gemini looked like she was about to say something, but thought better of it. She huffed and muttered, "Fine," slouching off to the living room.

I wore a satisfied smile as I peeked down at the tub of cookies 'n cream, hidden away in the corner.

"You're not thinking of eating that, are you?" 

I turned to see Leo with a lollipop in his mouth, throwing the wrapper into the trash. "No, course I wasn't. What flavor?"

"The best one," was his mumbled reply as he stepped on the the pedal to open the lid again.

I furrowed my brow. "You're gonna have to be more specific."

Leo rolled his eyes and dropped the wrapper in again. "Orange, duh."

"OHH. Yeah, you're right."

Leo gave me a side glance. I blinked. "What?"

"Noothing."

"What is it, Leo?"

"I said nothing, didn't I?"

"You're weird."

He gasped exaggeratedly. "I am not WEIRD."

I smirked. "Says the guy who crowned a Mario plushie king of the bathroom at 5 am in the morning."

Leo rolled his eyes again. "I am not ashamed. I just happened to be bored and the plushie was on the edge of Cancer's bed."

"You woke me up," I protested. "We were all having a nice time in the condo and you had to go and scream, 'KING OF THE EVER ETERNAL KINGDOM' and wake everyone up."

Leo chuckled. "Remember how annoyed Taurus was?"

I nodded with a smile and fell silent as I thought of him, shifting uncomfortably. After a moment, I said, "D'ya think he's trapped in one of those thingies? What did Scorpio say again?"

Leo stiffened. "What?"

I snapped my fingers as the term came to me. "Soul Stones! He said Libra was in one, didn't he?"

Leo looked slightly relieved. "Yeah, he did."

I nudged past him to get to the kitchen doorway and turned to look back at Leo as he ran a hand through his hair absentmindedly. "Should I go see Selaine? She might know where Taur is -- I'm getting kinda worried."

"But you heard Pisces and Virgo, she doesn't remember," Leo noted. "And you need an appointment, remember?"

I frowned. "Maybe I can catch her while she's walking or something."