Chapter 20 - Rescuing the Zodiacs (pt. 3)

*time skip*

Scorpio POV

Scorpio POV

I sighed and put my head against the wall. When Aries and Cancer came and got captured 30 minutes ago, I knew that there was no hope for us. Especially when Mr. Everson left. He was ugly.

"I could contact Taurus," Cancer suggested. "But he's probably at the Sanctuary by now."

Capricorn tilted his head. "You know, what makes you think that he would actually follow what you guys said? From what I gathered, he wanted to come. And he's probably on his way, 'cause we aren't back yet."

"Yeah, but he has a sprained ankle," I chimed in. 

"Do you know how high Taurus's pain tolerance is?" Pisces asked, her arm around Aquarius, who's head was in her arms. For a moment I wished I was Aquarius.

"You know who's is higher?" Leo asked.

"I know," Aries sighed. "Me. But that doesn't do any good around here." She sat down gloomily and put her earbud back in, leaning against Capricorn's shoulder. He looked around.

"Well, at least they got us a bigger room," he said, trying to be optimistic. I kinda envied those two, since they'd been listening to music for the last fifteen minutes together while the rest of us had nothing else to do.

Virgo sighed and pulled her knees to her chest. I noticed that her and Leo were sitting really close together, and I frowned. When did Leo stop liking Aries? 

"How the hell are we going to get out of here?" she asked. "Maybe we really should call Taurus."

"Maybe," Sagittarius murmured, throwing a rock at the wall. I sighed. 

We're doomed.

Taurus POV

The worry in my stomach kept getting bigger and bigger, like a giant stone that as weighing me down. My ankle was throbbing, worse than before, and I was still against the column. It was like a giant pole bearing into my back.

"When are you going to free me?" I asked aloud. Mrs. Everson wasn't here anymore, but she'd told me that she could hear everything I said. 

Sometimes she actually answered.