Chapter 75 - Physical World

a/n AYYYY IM BACK

haha sry I just missed writing this

*time skip*

Pisces POV

"What the heck . . . how late were you out?"

I grinned at Selaine's exasperated tone. "Sorry. I was . . . um . . ." Diving into a lake which I almost drowned in -- "visiting some sights."

"Don't know how you find the time to visit landscapes when my boyfriend has all your friends captive."

Selaine sounded annoyed over the phone, and I readjusted it on the table, speaker on. I mentally swore I could still feel the shower water against my skin as I inquired, "Boyfriend? You haven't broken up with him yet?"

She scoffed. "Of course not. It would raise suspicion, duh. Don't know why he hasn't got you in one of the Soul Stones yet." A small tremor went through her voice, and she cleared her throat. "You should get some sleep. It's pretty late."

I bit my lip, glancing at the sliver of the moon shining brightly in the night sky, and a yawn threatened to climb up my chest. I inhaled and said, "Maybe."

"Do that, then. I'm gonna get some well-deserved beauty sleep."

"'Kay. Bye."

The call cut off and I flopped down onto my bed, running a hand through my stringy brown hair, still wet from the shower. A shiver ran through me and I curled up, pondering what I was going to do.

Steal the Stones?

It seemed like the right option. After all, I was still alive. And I was almost certain that Archer wouldn't drown me now.

But why did I feel like if I went, then I would get caught?

You would, my mind reasoned. If you went in the morning.

Hah, no, I retorted. I'm in a fluffy robe lying on my bed with my hair still wet. There's no way I can go out now.

But, my mind poked. He won't suspect you if you go now. It's night. Any sensible person would be sleeping right now.

I rolled my eyes internally. I'm not even sure Archer is a sensible person.

He's the other you, though, my brain smiled.

I buried my face in my pillow. So, definitely not a sensible person. Shut up, me.

My mind went silent and I felt a sigh push the pillow away from me. I raised my head and glared at the headboard, thoughts drifting through my head.

I wonder how the new season of The Dragon Prince will be.

Not even useful thoughts, dammit.

I curled a fist against my forehead, sighing angrily. I had no idea what to do. Nobody could relate or even help me, because all of my closest friends were trapped.