Chapter 27 - Aronix

Aries POV

Aries POV

I wok up on hard, rocky ground. The ground felt rough underneath me and when I raised my hand to my face, it had scratches that almost ripped through my palm.

"Dang it," I sighed, getting up. I looked around and gasped. 

We were in a desert. There was no other way to describe it. It had tall, hard canyons and harsh rock formations, all made out of the same reddish stone. The sky above was tinged with orange and pink and one lazy cloud drifted through the mass before a giant, red-and-gold plumed bird swooped out of nowhere and reduced the cloud to nothing -- just by opening its beak and cawing.

I stared. "What the hell is that . . .?" I turned to my friends. Some were getting up. Taurus was leaning against Capricorn's shoulder, and both looked extremely uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Capricorn raised his face to the sky. "Don't you feel how hot it is?"

"I didn't realize that I was so hot it affected the temperature --"

He shot me a look, his brown eyes worried. "Not a joke, Aries."

I quieted down and turned my hand over. "No . . . I don't feel anything."

"This feels like a desert," Taurus whispered. He raised his wrist and widened his eyes, then showed both of us that the symbol of the sign Taurus was branded on the inside of his wrist, in bright, glowing green.

"I guess that's what happens to you once you claim a Realm, then," Capricorn said in surprise. His voice was hushed, but I didn't know why.

Suddenly Libra lurched up with a gasp. "No -- water!" she choked, then calmed herself down and looked at us. "So -- dry --"

My other friends all started to wake up, all of them also complaining about how it was too hot or too dry.

"Do none of you feel nothing?" I asked them. 

Virgo shook her head, then widened her eyes at something in the distance. "Hey guys . . . what's that?"

We all followed her gaze and Pisces gasped. "More like who's that."

A figure was running towards us. He wasn't that far away, and from here I could see that he had sandy blonde hair.

"Umm, should we get up, or?" Gemini inquired, watching him. We all decided to get up just as he stopped in front of us.

"Are . . . you guys . . . the Zo . . . diacs?" he panted, putting his hands on his knees.

"Depends," Aquarius said, eyeing him in suspicion.

He straightened up. "My name's Drake," he said, running a hand through his hair. "I was sent my my sister to come get you guys."

"Sounds a little familiar, don't you think?" Capricorn muttered. I nodded.