Chapter 47 - Feelings

a/n OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR UPDATING LATE OMFG IM SO SORRY I HOPE THIS CHAPTER WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELVES AAAHHH IM SO LATE 

*time skip*

Libra POV

"You broke the record," I said dumbfoundedly, staring at the giant screen that was in the training center. It showed everyone's scores at what and everything, and the highest one was --

Aries's amber eyes darkened, like she was thinking about what another person would say if he was here. 

Cough cough, Capricorn, cough cough.

"It was nothing," she said offhandedly. 

I looked at her with wide eyes. "Hundreds of people train in the training center every day -- we just don't see them because we have a private training area. Hundreds. And you managed to beat the highest score this center has ever gotten."

"My father's."

We both turned to see Em behind us with her arms folded. She glanced at us with an appraising look, then returned her gaze to the screen. "He's dead now, but he was the greatest anyone had ever seen at this stuff." Her violet eyes traveled over Aries, with her hunched shoulders and lowered gaze. "With the exception of you, of course."

"Nice," she mumbled, darting a glance at the screen again.

Em's expression hardened. "You need somewhere to be, Aries? To beat the highest score is a great honor."

"Maybe I haven't processed it yet," she suggested, walking past us. "I'm going. Smoothie with Taurus or something."

Em watched her leave, her brow furrowed. "She's distracted. Is it because of the boy?"

I nodded. "She's known him the longest, so . . ." I rubbed my arm uncomfortably, not wanting to say it, but I blurted out, "Your brother isn't helping much, either."

Em looked at me with a curious expression. "Drake? What did he do?"

I tensed up. "Oh, you have no idea --" I stopped when I heard the hatred in my voice and cleared my throat. "I mean, he likes Aries," I said quietly. "She doesn't know, though."

Em's face darkened, but I couldn't tell whether it was because she could tell I didn't like her brother or because Drake was crushing on one of the Zodiacs. "Did he try to make a move on her?"

"She wouldn't be like that if that happened," I pointed out. "I know Aries. She would be insecure and flighty and . . ." I stopped, not wanting to reveal everything about her.

Em nodded slowly. "I'll talk to him. I don't know what he's doing, but --"

"Badmouthing," I blurted.

Em looked at me curiously. "What?"