Chapter 41 - When You Share a Problem

*time skip*

Scorpio POV

Scorpio POV

I'd been pretty grumpy lately, I knew that. I wasn't getting my sleep and every time I did fall asleep, I had the same nightmare.

The same nightmare . . .

"Hey! Earth to Scorpio!"

I blinked and saw Libra waving her hand in front of my face. She pursed her lips. "You've been zoning out for the past five minutes."

I grimaced. "Well, it's obviously because I don't want to listen to this conversation."

Capricorn sighed and put his chin in his hand. We were all pretty put out after hours of discussing how we were going to claim the Realm. "I don't think any of us want to anymore, to be honest."

Gemini nodded at him, her posture drooping. "Yeah -- we're all pretty sleepy, I can't blame Scorpio."

I put a hand to my forehead and closed my eyes. "Can't somebody just turn the lights off? It's already super dark outside."

Aries nodded sleepily, her head drooping onto Aquarius's shoulder. Lucky her -- she'd created a pillow and blanket out of some carpet fluff and was now fast asleep.

Pisces gazed at them longingly. She was the first one who'd yawned but still wasn't asleep. 

I slouched down on the couch. "What would happen if we need an object to claim the Realm, like last time? Would Aqua be of use?"

"She can't create living things or things that are super powerful," Virgo mused. She still had her glasses on, claiming that they were the only reason her eyes were still open. "But maybe . . ."

Leo yawned widely and laid down on the couch, kicking his feet onto Sagittarius's lap. Sagittarius scowled but didn't move from his blanket-burrito position or kick Leo's legs off due to the fact that Taurus was dozing beside his feet like a lazy housecat.

Cancer, who was sitting beside his sleeping best friend, petted the top of his head automatically. "Maybe we should just give it a rest, guys."

"I second that," Pisces chimed in, her eyelids drooping. I wanted to wrap an arm around her but she was on the other side of the couch, so I instead settled for folding my arms and scowling broodingly.

Capricorn nodded sleepily. "We've been talking for hours and still -- nothing."

I widened my eyes, realizing that everyone was going to go up to their own rooms -- to sleep, and got up. "You guys can go up -- I'm going to go get some fresh air."

Pisces rubbed her eye. "Okay. Don't let anything eat you."

I nodded and went outside to the balcony, making sure to close the door behind me. I went over to the railing and frowned as the wind blew past me -- it was cold, the kind that bit at your skin.