Chapter 15 - The Eversons

*time skip*

Virgo POV

I stared up at the ceiling and gulped.

"This is a big mansion."

Gemini nodded and shifted her purse higher up her shoulder. Sophie had scheduled us all meetings with out respective families and told us to wear a bit of formal clothing, which for Gemini meant long earrings and giant purses. Me and Leo had just settled for jackets and jeans, which for me was formal.

"When do you think they'll come to meet us?" Leo asked. A butler had escorted us to the waiting room, which in Leo's words were "Just a spare room with a chandelier." He was looking pretty great, but his expression was more than a bit annoyed as he looked around.

I shrugged. "I really have no idea. I hope that we get what we're looking for while we're here, though."

"I heard the Eversons are a bit snobby," Gemini whispered, brushing invisible dust off her shirt. "So be careful, guys."

I shot her a look and waited as a butler stepped into the room. "Mr. and Mrs. Everson will see you now," he pronounced, turning around. "Follow me."

Leo sighed and we followed the butler down a couple of pristine hallways. Gemini took out her phone and was typing something on it when I snatched it from her hand just as we were led into a large room, even larger than out waiting room. Gemini shot me a look but forgot about it when she looked around. I did too, and gasped.

A large crystal chandelier was on the ceiling, and a small waterfall rushed into a small pond at the edge of the room. The couches in the center of the room were clustered around a large tea table that also was a mini aquarium. Even Leo looked surprised, and I knew that his parents took him to their expensive vacation homes all the time.

On the couches sat two people. The man -- I assumed he was Mr. Everson -- had a black goatee that curled up at the end and a smile that didn't reach his eyes. His wife -- Mrs. Everson, probably -- had shiny blonde hair and a welcoming grin, and she gestured to the couches. "Sit, sit, fellow Zodiacs. It is a pleasure to be in your presence!"

Leo grinned as we sat. "You don't need to flatter us, Mrs. Everson. It's nice to meet you both."

Mr. Everson inclined his head. "Likewise. When Sophie contacted us and said that the Zodiacs wanted to meet us, well --" He looked at his wife, then back to us. "We couldn't quite believe it."

"We are so glad that you're here!" she chimed in. She didn't show it, but I had a feeling that Mrs. Everson was silently scanning us, waiting for our every move.

Leo smiled bashfully. "It is great to be here. I'm Leo, and this is Virgo --" I smiled in greeting -- "and Gemini."

"I can introduce myself, thank you very much," she said, turning to the Eversons. "My name is Gemini, and it is extremely great to be here, but I'm afraid that we don't have much time. Shall we get straight to the point of why we're here?"