Chapter 65 - Grateful

a/n really short chapter ahead, it will leave you with questions :D (probably)

*time skip*

Scorpio POV

Scorpio POV

"I wish Pisces would just help," Aries grumbled, tapping on her phone. "But instead she sends back vague replies and texts that barely reassure me." She paused and looked at me. "She didn't contact you, did she?"

I shook my head, a cold weight dropping into my stomach.

Aries frowned and returned to her phone, scrolling through her contacts. She stopped at one and made a face.

"Is that Drake's?" I asked quickly.

She froze and then nodded. "I don't know why I haven't deleted him yet," she said slowly, her voice unreadable. "Should I? He basically sent me through a whirlwind."

"That makes you sound like you liked --"

Aries sent me a burning glare and I fell silent immediately. "I've only ever liked one person in my entire life, you remember that," she warned, her amber eyes glittering dangerously.

I shifted on my pillow. Why the castle had a room that was full of just pillows, I didn't know, but nobody else knew about it except Aries and me so it was fine by me. When I'd found it, she was inside, fuming at Pisces for replying that she might know where Libra was.

"Four motherfucking days," she groaned suddenly, collapsing back on her pillow. She squeezed it tightly. "I just want to cuddle something."

"I am a non-cuddle-able object," I told her, shifting away from her ever so slightly. "So don't even think about it."

She shot me a look. "You know that's not what I meant."

I shrugged. "I don't want to know what you do."

Aries rolled her eyes. "Yeahh. I'm gonna call Pisces, see if she responds. It's been four days since her bestie went missing, after all."

I nodded, trying to get past the lump in my throat when she mentioned Pisces's name. Aries looked at her phone and raised her eyebrows. "Oh, she's with her guy friend. I shouldn't disturb her?"

My chest felt frozen. "Guy friend?"

Aries nodded, eyes still on the screen. "Some dude named Caleb."

I blinked, my stomach plummeting. Wasn't that the guy that she danced with at the ball?

I watched Aries as she sent back a quick reply. In front of me was someone that had suffered a huge emotional traumatic event and came out of it better than before. I still found it hard to believe that the girl in front of me was the same one who had become so fragile when Capricorn was unconscious.

Aries had built walls around her, that I knew. Sure, they were fragile and thin and had holes where sadness and despair seeped through, but they had been there, and none of us had the heart to break them down for her.