Chapter 32 - The Dinner . . . And What Happened After

*time skip*

Aries POV

"You're too stiff, it'll be fine," Libra assured me.

I glared at her. "What am I supposed to do, then? They're expecting things of me. They're looking out especially for me."

She patted my shoulder. "Don't worry. You look amazing, are amazing, and they will see that you're amazing, okay?"

I bit my lip and Libra frowned. "Don't bite your lip like that. The king and queen won't like someone who's lips are all torn up."

"But weren't you just --?"

"I can't believe we're walking through a castle," Pisces breathed, appearing beside me. "You're lucky there's a king and queen in your Realm, Aries."

"No, I'm not," I grumbled, a little annoyed. "And it's just dinner."

The fourteen of us were being led to the throne room by one of the royal family's butlers. Currently, we were walking through a long, high hallway decorated with statues every ten feet along the wall.

"Just dinner? We get to meet a king and queen!" Gemini gushed, coming into view beside Libra. I internally sighed. Are all the girls being summoned to me or something?

I looked behind me and saw Aquarius and Virgo chatting with Capricorn and Leo. Leo kept hiding his face -- wonder what that was about? Capricorn caught my eye and I tilted my head at him as the conversation continued in front of me. He shrugged.

"You guys go on without me," I told my friends. Gemini raised an eyebrow and I blinked at her. "Okay . . ." she said.

I fell back to match my other friends' steps. Libra glanced back at me, sending me a questioning look, but I waved it off and indicated for her to continue talking. Behind me, the rest of the guys' debate echoed loudly through the hallway.

"What were they talking to you about, Aries?" Aquarius asked, raising an eyebrow.

I lifted a shoulder. "Nothing much. Just how about I'm so lucky that I have a king and queen in my Realm and that I'm meeting them."

"So lucky indeed," Virgo said with a smile.

Capricorn nudged Leo. "I seem to remember you saying something that you belonged in a castle -- when we were in ninth grade?"

Me and Virgo burst out laughing. Leo turned beet red and mumbled, "That was four years ago, shut up."

Capricorn smirked as Aquarius started to interrogate Leo.

"What's up with the Leo slaughter?" I asked, quietly so no one else could hear but still playfully as Virgo joined in on the interrogation.

He raised his eyebrows. "That's for Leo to tell you."