Chapter 48 - Coward

*time skip*

Libra POV

"AHEM."

I stayed quiet for a moment, but I got no answer. I knocked on the door. "Do I have to clear my throat again? I'm out here and you're in there and I kind of think that I should be in there too."

Something heavy pounded against the door, and I sighed. "Did something happen? That's why I'm here . . ."

I trailed off as I noticed my hand starting to fade on the knob. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to get it back to normal, but with no avail. I opened my eyes and almost screamed when I noticed that my entire arm was gone. I let go of the doorknob as my other arm started to turn invisible, gasping slightly as the speed accelerated.

I squeezed my eyes shut again and when I opened them, I couldn't see myself.

I put a hand to my mouth. I was invisible.

Aries opened her door and stuck her head outside, looking around. I saw her let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness, she's gone."

She opened her door fully, and I had to move out of the way as she came outside, rubbing her wrist uncomfortably. She walked past me with downcast eyes and I looked after her, concerned. She left the hallway and I heard her call downstairs, "I'm going to visit the hospital again."

I frowned and hopped down the stairs, trying to get myself back to normal. I stopped on the curve in the staircase and watched as the color slowly filled back into my skin, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Aries, what's wrong?" I asked, springing down the rest of the stairs.

Aries froze and turned to me, her brow furrowed. "Weren't you just --?"

"What's wrong?" I repeated. "Did something happen?"

Aries looked away, but not before I saw something in her eyes. Someone had hurt her -- hurt her bad.

"Aries," I said seriously. I strode forward and grabbed her wrist, then marched the two of us up to the roof. I heard Aries exhale behind me, accepting that fact that I was taking her hostage.

"Why do I always have deep conversations on the roof?" she complained as I made her sit down on the edge.

I sat down beside her. "I don't know, it's a good spot to have deep conversations." I glanced at her and noticed her picking out one of the many paths that were sprawled throughout Em's property. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is," she said briskly.

I tapped my chin. "Did Drake --?"

"Don't talk about him."

I looked at Aries in surprise and saw anger simmering in her eyes. It cooled down and she met my gaze.

I exhaled, suddenly feeling the urge to stab a particular blonde boy. "What did he do?"