7

"We are going to what?" Abby asked the girls who were sitting on the floor in front of her. "Starpower!" The girls answered. Abby then told them they were packing on a list and packing in front of her. Cathy looked a little disturbed by that.

Maddie
Chloe Brooke Rosalia paige nia
Mackenzie vivi

"Moms, we're doing another new number!"

Five days till competition

The group of girls were working on one of the ballet bars and Abby was hitting their arms and working on their muscles.

After spending the day doing some extra classes and working on her homework she was exhausted. When she was going to her final class of the day she ran into Spencer. "Hey ro." He greeted her with a hug. "Hey Spence." She returned the hug and smiled at him when he pulled away.

"Are you doing a solo at the competition this weekend?" He wondered to which she shook her head yes at his question. "I'm so tired." She mumbled while moving her head to lay on his shoulder.

Four days until competition

The girls were watching Maddie practice her dance that was dedicated to her grandmother who had passed away.

Maddie was telling everyone who would listen that she was so excited to perform her solo at competition.

When it was time for her to learn her solo she was excited. There were some new tricks and she had a better opportunity to show off her technique that had recently improved.

"Rosalia, rotate your hip out, you see how your wobbly? Your legs are crooked. Fix it." The dancer nodded and tried her best to fix it but she still felt it wasn't right. "Is this the right way?" She asked her dance teacher for confirmation. "Yes, perfect." She praised. Then after that they continued choreographing.

Three days until competition

"Okay, ladies, this is your pack list for the competition." They heard while the girls and their mothers held a piece of paper with all the outfits on it. Cathy seemed distraught over the fact Abby was telling what they had to wear.

"She's so dramatic." Rosalia mumbled into Nia's shoulder and then giggled quietly trying to not draw attention to herself. Nia returned the action and laughed with her.

It was finally time for the group rehearsal. Abby had the girls go get the black chairs from the seniors.

When watching herself in the mirrors Rosalia noticed she was a couple beats ahead of everyone. "Rosalia you need to slow down, it's not a race." Abby shouted at her from her spot across the room. After she got yelled at Rosalia was conscious of how fast she was going, not wanting to get yelled at again. After the hot mess that was the group the girls were getting their costumes for their solos.

Abby had asked Holly if she had an afro. She looked shocked by the question.

Day of competition

The dreaded day of the competition was upon them. The usual was going on; Abby yelling at the bus driver, obnoxious laughing and girls goofing around. Abby had fallen asleep against the window where she was sitting. The girls could use a good laugh so Paige put a green and yellow gummy worm in Abby's mouth. Paige's laugh could be heard immediately after.

Abby had told them the competition was running about thirty minutes ahead of the original schedule.

Maddie for some reason was throwing a fit like a baby and freaking out but Rosalia understood. It was really stressful when everyone was breathing down your neck when all you were trying to do was get ready.

During the group routine it was clear to everyone Nia messed up a couple times while dancing. After finishing they went back into the wings and Maddie was crying. Rosalia immediately went to try to comfort her. "What's wrong?" She asked her friend, confused. "We were terrible. I'm so embarrassed." She mumbled with an upset look on her face.

When Abby confronted the group she told them she was disappointed in them. Abby had asked Maddie why she was crying and she had said that she hurt her ankle. Rosalia had resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

It was clear to everyone she was upset with their performance.

During awards the girls were clutching each other's hands. The group had gotten third place. Rosalia deflated at the news while Paige went to go get the group's award.

After Maddie's solo the rest of the girls went to get ready for their own solos. Holly was clearly upset over the fact Nia had to do her dance in an Afro.

Rosalia had done her best but felt like she failed.

Rosalia: it wasn't my best dance and i feel like i disappointed myself my mom and of course ms abby i fumbled on a lot of thing's. She told the camera with tears it her eyes.

Rosalia was kind of upset that Maddie had been qualified for receiving a title

Rosalia was kind of upset that Maddie had been qualified for receiving a title. She knew the way she danced today was not the best out of everyone at the competition but she felt like she did a good job.

Rosalia had won first place in her category for her solo.

Maddie had won first place for the title and she now had six crowns.

a/n hi

wc; 893