28

"Again you were second."

Brooke and Paige were still on probation. Rosalia still wasn't sure why they were even on probation.

Mackenzie
Maddie Chloe Rosalia
Nia Brooke paige

"Next is Rosalia, you did something you have never done before; danced with two boys. I thought you did great and the three of you did great."

Rosalia was really happy for Mackenzie when she was on top of the pyramid.

They were going to starpower in Virginia. It was the largest competition in the United States.

Maddie and Chloe had solos while Rosalia had a duet with Spencer.

Brooke raised her hand. "Yes, Brooke?"

"This weekend is my first formal dance and I was wondering if I could go."

Abby surprised them all by allowing Brooke to not go to the competition.

Four days until competition

The group was inspired by the movie The Hunger Games.

Maddie was sent to go get Peyton.

"Peyton will be the huntress. You all will be her dinner." She stated bluntly. The girls laughed at her words.

Three days until competition

When Rosalia went into rehearsal the following day she saw that Peyton had a splint on her finger.

She didn't want Peyton to hurt her when she had to lift all of the girls.

Later in the day Abby was rehearsing both solos and the duet.

Rosalia and Spencer's duet featured a rope which was something Rosalia nor Spencer had used before.

One day until competition

Rosalia and Spencer showed up early the next morning to rehearse their duet. Spencer was having a bit of a hard time with the rope.

Hours later they were again doing the group rehearsal. Abby was shouting critiques out left and right. The choreography was very hard and the girls were having a hard time keeping up.

Mackenzie was very overwhelmed because she couldn't comprehend the choreography.

Day of competition

There were lots of dancers that were there already so Rosalia was getting a bit nervous.

The girls were getting ready for the group number when Kelly announced that Brooke sent a picture. Everyone gathered around Kelly's phone to look at the picture.

Rosalia thought she looked really pretty.

After performing the group Rosalia knew they had a great chance at winning. It was a powerful story that she thought the group portrayed really well.

"One tenth of a point separates first and second place." When the emcee announced them she was slightly disappointed.

Rosalia; I cant believe it was only one tenth of a point. We obviously could have done better.

Next we're the solos and first was Chloe and then Maddie.

Chloe did well but the choreography was no match. Maddie's choreography was more technically challenging.

Chloe got second runner up for junior miss starpower. Obviously Maddie won the title of junior miss starpower.

"So Melissa I'm taking her over to the other competition to perform cry."

Rosalia's head shot up. She hadn't even performed her duet and she was already leaving.

She wished Abby would stay to watch her but she knew she cared about Maddie more.

So Rosalia did what she does best; perform.

"Good job Spence." She muttered.

The duet won first place and their dance teacher wasn't even there to see it.

𝚓𝚊𝚍𝚎'𝚜 𝚓𝚊𝚣𝚣
Hi
wc; 545