10

The group of dancers were in Los Angeles.

"So the two of you are with me this week, and you might get to do things that everybody else doesn't get to do." Abby warned them as she said Melissa wasn't going to be there that week. Rosalia looked at her mother.

Maddie
Rosalia Chloe Nia
Mackenzie Brooke Paige

"Rosalia, you have two routines this week. One solo and one duet with Spencer." She got excited hearing Spencer was coming this week. The door opened behind them. "Hey ro." He smiled at her while Chloe moved so he could stand next to her.  She gave her best friend a side hug as Abby continued to go through pyramid.

Taylor rolled her eyes at Maddie being on top of the pyramid. Her daughter won the competition and she wasn't even at the top of the pyramid. Rosalia looked disappointed when she wasn't on top of the pyramid.

Taylor was fed up with the unfair treatment. She got up off the couch where the mothers were sitting and went to talk to Abby.

"Abby, may I speak with you?" Taylor asked. She hesitated before nodding her head and leading her back to one of the hallways. "I need to know why Rosalia isn't on top of the pyramid. She won the competition and Maddie didn't dance at all besides the group last week?"

"Because I know that I can count on Maddie at this competition."

"Abby my daughter is doing her absolute best she can to impress you and you don't even bat an eye at her. What else does she need to prove to you?" Taylor started to lose her patience while talking to Abby.

"She needs to prove that she's better than every other girl on that team." She answered shortly.

"Ok Abby, thank you for your time." Taylor politely told her while walking away.

Hours later Abby told them there was going to be a special guest coming in.

Laquifa walked through the door and started doing a dance before she shocked everyone by dropping on her back.

Nia was so excited she was jumping around everywhere. Shangela was teaching Nia how to do the death drop that was going to be put at the end of the group dance.

The next couple of hours Rosalia spent learning the choreography for both her solo and her duet. "Spencer? How do you feel about our duet this week?" She asked while she was sitting on the floor stretching out her right leg while pointing her foot. "It's very sophisticated and I like all the lifting I have to do." He said while grabbing her right leg to help her stretch it in another way.

"Last night I realized that we're undefeated." Rosalia mentioned. He looked up at her and realized she was right. "Yes we are ro." He said with a smile.

Day of competition

It was the day of the competition and Rosalia was nervous for her solo and her duet. She was finishing putting her makeup on when the door could be heard opening. She looked over confused knowing that everyone was in the dressing room. Rosalia was shocked when she saw Cathy.

The first thing she did was look over at Abby and saw a look of horror on her face.

So far all of the numbers had been going great. Everyone from the ALDC had been shocked and confused when they heard Chloe's music playing when Cathy's student, Taylor, walked out onto the stage.

After Nia and Mackenzie's duet it was Spencer and Rosalia's turn. The two were doing their handshake while Rosalia was trying to shake her nerves.

After finishing she quickly had to run back to the dressing room to change for her solo which was about seven numbers away.

Spencer was watching from the wings and clapped when she walked out onto the stage.

"You did so good." He spoke as she hugged him. "Thank you." She blushed as she accepted his competition.

It was time for awards. No and Mackenzie's duet got first place. Rosalia hugged Nia and Mackenzie went up to get their award. She happily reciprocated. Spencer and Rosalia's duet also placed first. Rosalia and Chloe both won for their solos in their separate age categories. Unfortunately the group only got third.

Rosalia was happy for herself and the group even though they didn't win.

Rosalia was really excited for nationals. She thought they had a really good chance at winning.

a/n
Vote and comment please <333
wc; 800