11

Nationals were here and everyone was feeling the pressure.

Maddie
Rosalia Brooke Chloe
Nia Mackenzie paige

"Maddie solo and duet with Chloe. Chloe solo and duet with Maddie. Paige and Brooke I'm giving you a duet. Rosalia Spencer duet. Rosalia solo." Abby shot out assignments. When Rosalia heard she was doing a duet with Spencer at nationals they looked at each other and smiled.

Five days until competition

Rosalia: I'm so excited for this years nationals. I love that I'm doing a duet with Spencer but also for the group and my solo. I have a good feeling about this year's nationals.

Most of the day they worked on the group.

Four days until competition

Abby decided to gather all of the mothers and critique their daughters.

"Ok so now onto Rosalia. I've seen many improvements this year with all of the groups, solos and duets. I think Spencer really has been improving with dancing with others and not just having her dance by herself. But I'm noticing some second guessing and nerves when it's the day of the competition." Taylor nods along and agrees with everything Abby is saying.

Two days until competition

Abby decided to take the girls by the water and the mountains so they could learn about where they travel to. Spencer was crashing the little girls trip and was with them while they were lengthening and stretching.

Rosalia: it was really good to get out of the studio today and it was very relaxing.

Later that day the moms took their daughters out to go bowling. Rosalia was happy to bowl because she was really good at bowling.

After bowling a couple of games they unfortunately had to leave.

One day until competition

While Brooke and Paige were rehearsing their duet, Rosalia and Spencer practiced theirs.

Rosalia; I'm really nervous for our duet this week. It's very like i don't know how to explain it but it's like intimate which is something I've never like done before with him or anyone else so I'm really nervous.

Day of competition

Rosalia was starting to feel the nerves and Taylor and Spencer could sense it. The solos were up first and Rosalia was happy that for this competition she was in a different age category. She didn't want to compete against both Maddie and Chloe.

Chloe forgot her dance on the stage. Maddie and Rosalia were trying their best to comfort her but unfortunately Rosalia had to return back to the wings because she was the next number dancing.

When she finished she saw both Spencer and her mom clapping for her. She then looked over to Abby and saw she was high clapping. A sign that she did really well.

For awards Rosalia was nervous. There were a lot of good dancers today and so she hoped she was at least top three.

Rosalia had gotten runner up for the title that Maddie won.

When Rosalia got back to the dressing room Taylor immediately noticed she was upset. "What's Wrong sweetheart?" Taylor whispered, hoping no one heard. Rosalia shook her head. "I wanted to win the crown and I thought I did the best but people always pick Maddie." She frowned and grabbed a makeup wipe to remove her makeup so she could get ready for her duet.

Walking to the wings with Spencer felt somewhat awkward and she hated it. 

The two were walking side by side when he heard her breathing start to pick up. "Ro what's wrong?" He asked worried for her. When she didn't answer and turned away he grabbed her arms and made her face towards him. "What if we don't win?" Her breathing continued to pick up to the point she was now hyperventilating. Spencer didn't know what to do so he pulled her into a hug and stroked her hair the best he could without ruining it.

"It's just a dance you'll do great ok just focus on me and you that's it." Her breathing soon went back to normal so she pulled away from him to fix her makeup. She nodded at him and continued their journey to the wings.

She was so glad the dance was over. Spencer walked over and gave her a hug. "We'll win, don't worry." She smiled at him and walked back to the dressing room.

It was time for awards. Rosalia was clutching Spencer's hand while she picked the skin around her fingers.

"And the top teen duet is going to Spencer and Rosalia." The two jumped up to revive their award.

For the group Rosalia was happy the day was almost over. "I'll be cheering for you in the audience." Spencer said as he smirked at her and walked with Taylor and his mom to their seats. She blushed to which Nia saw. "You like him don't you?" She asked her best friend to which Rosalia just started walking away.

The group was beautiful and the judges thought so too. The girls were ecstatic when they won.

"We're going back to LA." Abby announced to which the girls jumped around excitedly.

a/n
Vote and comment please <333
wc; 860