Chapter : 18

Rain can be reason of both happiness and sadness.
One can cry as much as they want for no one can see their tears.
While for some they would've gone through some things during rain, they start to be afraid of it.

___________________

Astraphobia
___________________

Chapter eighteen: Astraphobia
Dom's POV

I was watching television comfortably when my phone rang. Ambrose?

"Hello Tommy we need you here. Come fast please." She said and I could hear someone screaming loudly. She sounded afraid.
"What- what is it? Where do I have to come?"
"At my place. It's about Anne."
I hung up and went out without any second thought. It was raining cats and dogs today.

I ran quickly towards her place and the door was open. I climbed up and saw Ambrose standing there banging on Anne's door. I could hear Anne screaming loudly. "This can't happen." Or something like that. "What is it? Why is she screaming so much?" I asked.

"Joseph said that she's afraid of rain. And she needs someone with her when it's raining. But Joseph twisted his ankle so he couldn't be here and as of me, she isn't opening the door. You're the last option we have." She explained me. So I also started banging on her door but no response.

I told Ambrose that I'll barge in her room through window if possible and that if I open the door then she should understand that I've reached in. Without her response I ran down towards her window. My hair were dripping wet, my clothes were stuck to my body as my second skin. I firmly held the thick pole and started climbing up.

I had reached half way but my leg slipped and I fell down. My head hurt bad. Then too I wasn't from the one who give up easily. I held it again and this time I started climbing up carefully though in a fast pace. I reached till her window but it was locked shut. And the curtains were closed too. That didn't let me see what was going on inside.

The question that rose was how would I open her window. I started banging the glass window as hard as I can. But got no response then an idea popped up and I called Ambrose. I asked her for a screw driver. She reached below Anne's window where I was standing and started throwing up as high as she could, but this growing thunderstorm wasn't helping much.

After trying for a lot of time, she finally threw it at my level and I caught it just at time. She stood there and I turned around facing Anne's window. In lord knows what manner I managed to put screwdriver near the locked area of the window and started pulling force. At the first time I applied so much force that the screwdriver itself came out and the area near my thumb got slashed and started bleeding.

Then I started poking the screwdriver into the window near the lock ends only. The screams started getting muffled and my fear increased. I started applying more pressure and force on it and it finally made a hole near the lock. Tiny glass bits were spreaded here and there. I passed my finger through the hole and clicked the lock open. I turned around and pointed a thumbs up to Ambrose and walked in.

The room was in a mess. There was luggage at a corner, some clothes were laid out and Anne was crying in a corner of the room. In front of her laid a wooden box with old memories. I chucked them aside and sat in front of her. She hadn't even seen me yet. I think she was having astraphobia. It is the phobia of rain and thunder.

"Anne, shh I'm here. Don't be scared. It'll be all okay." I tried to console her but my words entered deaf ears. Without wasting anymore time I stood up and scooped her in my arms. Now this was when she opened her eyes. All red and swollen, I got a clear look of her neck and ears that were red too.