Chapter : 20

Find someone who will chip your walls until the light perks through it.

___________________

Rain
___________________

Chapter twenty: Rain
Dom's POV

The date went just as I had planned. Richie had given me this idea to take her on a date. But planning was all upon me. I even had Richie shoot our entire date. From the start that is her opening the door and finding the small kid and till the moment we kissed. He was secretly following us. And I only had asked him to because I want to watch this clip of us over and over in the near future.

We were on our way back to my home. And all the time until now I was just checking the weather forecast and kept praying that it doesn't rain. Because I certainly didn't want to ruin the date. But when I checked it before starting the drive it was showing seventy two percentage of precipitation.

Stella had intertwined her hand with mine and was looking out while humming the tune of the song that was going on. Her hand suddenly went rigid and cold. Her body started freezing and before I could digest what was happening, the glass in front of me started getting wet by thick droplets of rain. This explains the change in her behaviour. I could feel her shivering in her place.

I pressed the brake and halted the car just at the end of our road. "Stella, it's time to overcome this fear of yours. Come on out with me." I softly caressed her hand. She shook her head vigorously at me. I don't think she'll listen to me that easily. I opened the door of my side and walked out. I went towards the passenger side of the door and stood there for a thick one minute.

I opened the door and pulled her hand out. The moment her hand came in contact with the water she withdrew her hand as if it was electrifying. I bent down a bit and picked her up in the bridal style. "No let me go Dom. No. I don't want to let go of the fear. I'm happy as it is. Let go off of me." She kept kicking here and there.

Safely I pulled her out of the car and brought her in the middle of the road. Ignoring all of her rude and harsh words, I carried her in my arms because I knew the moment I let her step down on the ground, she'll run away like a child. She started hitting my chest when I didn't let her go and slowly she started getting harsh.

I slowly bent down and placed her down on the ground caging her in my arms. Not letting her go at any cost. "Listen to me Stella, you yourself have to let of of the fear. And if you want to do so, then you have to walk to my place in this way only. Walking under the rain only." I spoke firmly. Looking at her in this manner broke my heart hundred times but I want my Stella to be strong enough to face her fears.

She whined a lot at first and even tried to run away a few times but then started walking fast. She was just trying to avoid both, the rain and me. She was just looking down and walking fast. We were just one block away from our destination when I decided to take one more daring step. I placed a finger below her chin and made her look up. I gently planted my lips on hers and she froze their on the spot.

I loved the impact I had on her. She didn't kiss me back because either it was raining or she was just too shocked to react. But whatever it was, it just made her stop in the rain and stand still. I broke the kiss and looked at her. Her eyes were still closed. Her ear and neck was completely red. It clearly showed the fear she had. The accident really had a bad impact on her.

Her fists were clenched tightly, nails digging in her palm, breathing fastened and her panting increased. I just hope I'm doing no wrong this time. I just want for her to be strong. Without thinking twice, I pulled her inside my chest and embraced her tightly. It was really difficult to see her in this manner. Her figure just wasn't leaving my brain. She looked so helpless. She totally had given up on herself.