Chapter : 30

Sometimes quality time is enough to understand someone because quantity actually never matters in concerns of feelings.

___________________

Spitfire
___________________

Chapter Thirty : Spitfire
Dom's POV

We sat in my car and I turned on the ignition. Honestly, I want to prove myself but I don't even know where to start from. I mean that I already told there that Mitchell did it all purposely because she wanted this. But I could've stopped her before it gets too late. But unfortunately she walked in just at the time and..

"Anne, atleast talk to me. Please.'' I said as she looked at me for a second and returned her head away. I need to play harder. Just as she told today I was quietly getting bored in her office, looking around, reading books, looking at her pretty face and all.

I intertwined my hand with hers. I know that she won't deny this one. It has always been her favourite. She looked down and smiled a bit. That's a good start. I can't wait anymore. I was just too impatient at this moment. I pulled over and turned off the ignition.

"Anne, atleast listen to what I have to say. Please. I can tolerate anything but not your silence. It you're mad at me then hit me, slap me, beat me to thrash or even kick me or do just anything. But don't stay silent. I know I made a mistake and I shouldn't have let her in but she blackmailed me by your name. She and her boyfriend want to capture your company. Look I'll tell you everything that happened from start to end and then too if you don't feel like talking to me, then it's your choice." She wasn't even looking at me. It broke my heart a million times.

I turned her face towards me and touched my forehead to hers. "Anne, she barged in without my consent. Asked for water, and as you know it's her habit to go and sit on anyone's lap, she sat on mine and acted as water fell on her shirt so she threw it and then you entered. All the while she was just talking about those red envelopes and you going to office. I swear I haven't even touched her. Please believe me Anne." I placed my hand on her cheek and other one around her neck.

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. "Okay. I believe you. And I know what kind of person she is. So it can be guessable. It was just like I wanted some space not from you but for you. I knew something was wrong the very first time when I was asked to join the company. I don't want to hurt you. So it'd be better for us to be away. Atleast you won't be in any sort of danger, because of me." She whispered, her hand caressing my cheek.

"Good lord. You should've told me this is your concern I was so worried because I thought that-" "I'd think you're cheating on me?" She completed my sentence. I nodded slightly, she pulled away and held my face in her hand. "Dom, for one and for all, I know that you would never cheat on me. And that too with a person like Mitchell. I trust you Dom. Enough to know that you won't do this. And I also know that you have also planned something related to that matter. Isn't it?" Woah.. she really can read my mind.

"Well, yes I did plan something but that we'll discuss at home. I'm really hungry right now." I replied and she laughed. I turned on the ignition again and we were on our way to home. Our home.

Just as we walked towards the door, my eye fell on another red envelope lying there. "Anne wait. We've got a new message." I bent down and picked it up. "Give it to me Dom." I nodded at her and she took it from my hand. Closing the door behind me, I walked beside her. "What are you waiting for sweetheart? Open it." I said as she was just running her fingers on the corners of the envelopes.