Chapter : 21

There are no wrong turns, they are just the path we are not meant to take.

___________________

Recovery
___________________

Chapter twenty one : Recovery
Anne's POV

Dom had been going completely calm and patient with me. After looking at that horrific expression on his face, I was at loss of word. Right now we just completed lunch and are sitting in his room, watching SUITS on Netflix. "Dom, I wanted to ask for a favor." I hope this doesn't go south. "Tell me what is it." He's pretty cool right now.

"Iwantyoutotakemeinrainagain." I said all in one breath. "Talk in English sweetheart. What language is this?" Nice joke. "I want you to take me in rain again. Before giving your opinion listen to me first. I want you to make me strong and not give up on me. I just want to be independent. This is my only weakness now. And if I overcome this then I can come in help whenever in need."

He sighed softly and took my hand in his. "Stella, you already know what happened to you when you went in rain for hardly ten minutes. I can't take this risk again. Please understand." I know baby I know. "Dom, just once. And if I get sick this time then I promise you I will never ask you to take me out. Please." I hope my puppy doe eyes work.

"Stella. This is the final time I'm asking you. Are you sure you want to go out?" Yes sweetheart yes. I placed my lips on him softly and he got his answer and kissed me back as fiercely. We broke out once we were out of breath. "Okay then, next time it rains, we'll go out again." He sealed the deal with a kiss and we continued watching the series.

Soon the time passed by and now it was evening, I was standing near the window looking out in space when I saw tiny droplets falling down. I quickly ran down and called Dom. "It's time we have fun baby! It's raining come on." Even though I was all happy and excited about this, I was scared too. Yesterday too I was having flashbacks about that time.

He nodded at me and we kept all the money, and phone down on the table and walked out in the rain. The best part was that we decided to stand near the fountain that had a view of my old house. This can be better than last time.

Suddenly everything went black and I could see, I reached there with my aunt, Joseph was at neighbour's, he got to know everything the next day as I didn't want to ruin his birthday. Aunt was digging her palm on my eyes so I don't see the car burning out and was holding me as tightly as she could so I don't run near the car to help my mumma and papa. It was raining cats and dogs, I was shivering by both,the thunderstorm and the burning flame and my parents in front of me. I closed my eyes shut and took long breaths. No I can do this. No more getting scared of rains.

I grabbed his hand in mine and the other one was holding onto his shoulder. "Get me rid of this pain Dom. I can take it no longer. Please do something. I stil can see all of it happening as it was just yesterday. Please do something Dom."

"Anne, listen to me. Look here. In my eyes sweetheart." He held me by my shoulder and made me look up. He bent down a bit and hugged me tightly. Placing his hand on the back of my head and the other one around my waist.

My aunt is resisting me from going near my parents. How can she do this?

"Anne, you're okay. You have me sweetheart. You're okay." Dom. I can hear him. I would just keep my mind off of the scene. Think about Dom. How I met him and he turned to be the person I've been longing to meet. I'm so lucky to get him back in my life. I pulled apart for a moment and crashed my lips in his.