1. Kim Tae-Freaking-Hyung

"LAYLIN!"

Jungkook's shout echoed throughout their apartment. He was getting sick of his best friend's shenanigans. Ever since she found out that her idol - Kim Taehyung - was coming to town for a concert, she hadn't laid off hinting that she wanted tickets. Jungkook knew he was in trouble when he heard the man was coming to town as Laylin talked about him nonstop daily. It wasn't a secret that Laylin was head over heels in love with a man she didn't know outside the screen. His name left her lips at least a thousand times a day (there was seriously a day where Jungkook tallied that many mentions before supper). Laylin seemed to think that if she ever met the man, he'd be smitten by her at first sight, and the two of them would live happily ever after.

Jungkook lived more practically. He and Laylin had known each other since birth. They did everything together, including going to the same college and co-renting an apartment smack in the middle of the downtown area after graduating. Jungkook always cared about her, and listened to everything she said. He was there for her through all her ups and her downs. During all that time together, he developed feelings for her. He never bothered to mention those feelings to Laylin though because he knew they wouldn't be reciprocated. This idol of hers had her full attention, and he was stupid to think he could compete.

Holding the flyer in his hand, Jungkook stalked out into the kitchen where Laylin sat at the island. She looked at him over the bowl of cereal she was holding to her lips with a small smile, drinking the milk out of it. Jungkook walked over, slapping the flyer down on the island top. Kim Taehyung's face smiled up at him; his fingers in a V in front of one eye.

"I told you that if you want a ticket to his stupid concert, you need to save up the money yourself. I'm not buying it for you."

Laylin chuckled as she brought the bowl away from her lips, placing it on the island top.

"Awww, but Kookie, you know I just had to fix my car. I don't have the money."

"Is it my fault you bought a hunk of junk?"

She rolled her eyes, getting up to walk over to him. Gently putting her hands on his shoulders, she directed him towards one of the nearby bar stools, forcing him to take a seat.

"Someone's grumpy. Let me get you some breakfast."

"That won't change my mind," said Jungkook as he watched Laylin walk over to the fridge, digging out a carton of eggs, "And of course I'm grumpy! I woke up with that stupid flyer taped to my forehead!"

"You're aware that you're grumpy. That's good," said Laylin as she ignored his comment about the flyer. "You know they say self awareness is the first step towards healing."

Now it was Jungkook's turn to roll his eyes as he watched Laylin begin to cook him some fried eggs. His gaze soon turned sideways to look at the flyer that he had slapped down. The ticket information was underneath Taehyung's big mug along with the date. It was only two weeks from now. Laylin turned aside from cooking for a moment to look at Jungkook, noticing that he was looking at the flyer.

"I'm sorry. I'll stop pestering you about it," said Laylin.

Jungkook sighed as he looked back at Laylin. He couldn't lie. He was envious of this man he had never met for being able to hold the affections of the woman he loved. Maybe he could get into her good graces if he did a kind gesture for her.

"Look...I'll make you a deal."

"I'm listening," she said as she turned back to look at the eggs she was cooking.

"If I buy you a ticket..."

"No. Not a ticket. I want tickets. Two to be exact," she said.

"Two tickets? Why?" asked Jungkook confused.