24. Good Fort-Jin

After Jungkook, Taehyung and Laylin had changed out of their pajamas, they met Jimin and Hobi in the recording studio. Instead of recording music this morning in the recording studio, the five of them situated themselves around the whiteboard. Taehyung was used to seeing lyrics or song titles up on the whiteboard. Instead Jimin was currently drawing disproportionate stick men in order to try to figure out what happened to cause the body switch between him and Jungkook while the rest of them sat on the floor.

"So you were trying to dodge someone standing in the crosswalk during the rain storm that day," said Jimin as he looked at Taehyung who nodded his head 'yes'.

"And Jungkook, you did the same?"

"Yes," replied Jungkook as he watched Jimin draw a car that looked more like a smushed pizza box than anything else.

"Jimin, I now see the true reason why you never wanted to play Pictionary with me," said Taehyung with a smirk.

Jimin looked at Taehyung in Jungkook's body, rolling his eyes as Hobi chuckled at the remark.

"And you still don't believe this is our sassy Tae?" asked Hobi as Jimin turned back around.

"It's hard to believe," said Jimin. "Which makes sense."

Jimin bit his lower lip as he looked at the shoddy pictures he had just drawn up on the whiteboard. Laylin stayed seated in her position by Jungkook; her hands folded in her lap. She couldn't get last night out of her mind. She turned a hand over to look at the palm of the hand that Jungkook had held last night. Jungkook looked over at Laylin, seeing that she was examining her palm. He moved to gently place a hand on her shoulder which immediately caused her to stiffen.

"So an accident caused the switch, so how do we switch you back without causing another accident?" asked Jimin.

"Jimin, you're asking questions that Jungkook and I have been pondering this whole time. Neither of us have the answer either," replied Taehyung.

Jimin frowned as he capped the marker in his hand and set it aside.

"What if we go to some sort of psychic?" spoke up Hobi then as the silence stretched on.

"A psychic?" asked Taehyung, turning to look over at Hobi.

"What? They can see into the future and all that mumbo jumbo. Maybe they can see into the future enough to know how to switch you both back."

"And where exactly do you plan to find a psychic? Do you have one on speed dial or something?" asked Taehyung.

"Actually..." started Hobi as he dug his phone out; Taehyung chuckling.

"Of course you do," said Taehyung. "You have the oddest contact list known to man."

Jimin moved to sit down on the floor with the other four as Hobi scrolled through his contacts. Laylin cleared her throat as she moved to stand.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go to work," said Laylin. "I will need to excuse myself."

"Can I see you off?" asked Jungkook without looking over at Laylin. He didn't want to make her uneasy.

"If you follow behind me, yes," said Laylin as Jungkook nodded his head.

Laylin left a little ahead of her; Jungkook close behind. Jimin turned his head to watch the two of them go.

"So are those two a couple or something?" Jimin asked.

"They should be," said Taehyung, "But they aren't. It's a nice complicated tale."

"I feel like that's what you are right now," said Jimin as Taehyung scrunched up his nose at him, sticking his tongue out.

Jungkook followed Laylin down the stairs to the front door. She paused in front of it; Jungkook stood a few feet behind her.

"Will you come back here after work tonight?" asked Jungkook, trying to break the awkward silence that lingered between them.

"I'm not sure...I might need some time to let all this sink in away from you."

Jungkook understood where Laylin was coming from. He didn't want to push her. Laylin left after that without another word. Jungkook stood in the doorway as he watched her walk down the walkway and get into the car she had parked there. When she drove off, Jungkook felt his heart sink. He didn't have much time to dwell on it though, knowing that he had to get back upstairs where the other three were probably waiting for him.

When he arrived, Taehuyng looked over at him. He could tell without Jungkook saying anything that things were still rough between him and Laylin. He patted the spot on the floor next to him, and Jungkook moved to sit next to him.

"Hobi found the number for the psychic," said Taehyung as he looked over at Jungkook. "He's about to call him right now to see if we can get an appointment."

"We're really going through with this sort of thing?" asked Jungkook.

"We really don't have any better ideas at this point," said Taehyung. "It's worth a shot."

Hobi moved to put his phone on speaker before setting it on the ground in the middle of the four of them. It rang three or four times before someone picked up on the other end of the line.

"So you're in need of a psychic, I see."

"He's brilliant..." muttered Jimin under his breath, putting a hand to his forehead as Hobi ignored him, moving to speak.

"Yes, we are. We were wondering if you had any time available to meet with us."

There was silence on the other end of the line for a moment followed by the clatter of something and a curse.

"I foresee that we have called at a bad time..." whispered Taehyung as he put a hand to his temple, squinting his eyes as Hobi eye rolled.

"...You're in luck," said the man on the other end of the line. "I have a slot open this afternoon. Which two of you will need my help?"

"How do you know there are two of us needing help?" asked Hobi.

"You said we which means more than one," said the man on the other end.

"Such a psychic," mumbled Jimin as Hobi shot him a look.

"I'm very observant," said the man on the other end of the line, having accidentally heard Jimin. "You may come by around three."

Before the man could say anything else, there was a clatter behind him again; this time louder than before.

"I have to go for now. May your day be filled with good Fort-Jin until we meet later today."

When the line went dead, Taehyung looked over at Hobi warily.

"Seriously, where did you hear of this guy?" asked Taehyung.

"The internet."

"Wonderful," said Taehyung with a sigh.

He supposed this was better than nothing though. They really didn't have much of a choice.

 They really didn't have much of a choice