55. You're Excused

"What is this all about?" asked a grumpy Mrs. Kim.

The record executive shrugged his shoulders as he looked down at his wristwatch. Yoongi had asked that he get Mr. and Mrs. Kim to meet in the conference room at eleven o'clock sharp. Mrs. Kim was annoyed since she supposed to be meeting with her lawyers soon. Ever since the upsetting call she had gotten the other day, she had planned to get ahead of the curb. She didn't need any sort of scandal to taint her. Just when she was about to let out her ninety ninth sigh of the hour, her husband reached over to put his hand over hers as Yoongi pushed in through the door, not a second too late and with a cat in his arms.

Yoongi gave the record executive a nod of his head as he took a seat at the table, adjusting the tie that he had put on once he put the cat down gently on top of the table. Even though he was no longer going to be an employee in another two weeks, he still wanted to keep up a good appearance especially now. Mrs. Kim narrowed her eyes at what she deemed to be a filthy looking feline. She never knew that Yoongi was such a cat person.

"Why is your pet on the table?"

Yoongi hadn't even had a chance to talk yet and he was already getting irritated by Mrs. Kim. He told himself that he had to keep his composure for now though because he was about to drop a bomb on her soon that would hopefully take care of her for good. Yoongles - who didn't appreciate how Mrs. Kim was talking to him - turned his head to look at her, letting out a hiss. Yoongi had to turn his head aside to keep the smirk off his face.

"Come here," said Yoongi gently as he moved to scoop Yoongles up and onto his lap.

"You called us all here for some sort of emergency meeting?" asked the record executive, trying to bring the conversation back around to the topic at hand.

"Yes. As you all know by now, I will be leaving the company within two weeks to take up my own business," started Yoongi.

"And we're very sad to see you leave," interrupted the record executive.

"I would like to make Jungkook and Taehyung my clients," said Yoongi. "I would produce them and would handle everything going forward for them."

"Absolutely not!" snapped Mrs. Kim as Yoongi and the record executive looked at her. "I'm not about to have my sons managed by some newbie that doesn't know what the heck he is doing!"

"Settle down, love," said Mr. Kim as he placed a hand on her back. "They are under a binding contract."

"That's right," said the record executive as he looked at Yoongi, "And where their parents are managing them, you'd have to get their approval to get them out of the contract, especially where both men you're talking about are currently in a coma."

"I figured that would be the case," said Yoongi, "Which is why I invited another person to join in this discussion."

All four heads turned to look at the conference room door as it opened again. Hobi stepped inside and moved to take a seat on Yoongi's left. Mrs. Kim turned her venomous gaze onto Hobi as he sat there; Hobi looking at Yoongi instead of at her.

"Jung Hoseok here has been a member of this label since Taehyung was signed and he - along with Park Jimin - have been responsible for helping him with each and every one of his albums. Is that correct?" asked Yoongi.

"Well, yes. They are Taehyung's creative team," said the record executive. "I'm not sure where you're going with this Yoongi."

"I'm bringing it up because Hoseok and Jimin would also like to be produced by me," said Yoongi. "They would like to stop being background players in your orchestra."