40. Brilliantly Messy

The hair dying process had taken longer than the three of them had thought and had made more of a mess than they could ever imagine.

"I thought you dyed your hair before," said Jungkook as he watched Taehyung trying to scrub at the marble countertop in the bathroom that looked as if a carnival had thrown up on it.

"I usually get it done professionally. This is the first time I've tried doing it at home."

"That would explain why it looks like my hair is bleeding," said Jungkook with a small smirk as he stood in front of the bathroom mirror, watching as a bright blue drip that looked like a melted crayon made its way down his forehead. He reached for a tissue to stop it in its tracks; a faint blue smear the only evidence that it had been there in the first place.

"Quit your complaining cotton candy bro," said Taehyung as he smirked over his way in return.

Bro. Jungkook appreciated the jesting but was still trying to get used to the fact that he might be brothers with the man he'd been on this crazy rollercoaster of a ride with. As Jungkook threw the tissue away, he moved to help Taehyung finish his scrubbing of the countertop.

"We will just have to make sure our head is covered until the big reveal from here on out," continued Taehyung. "That means that we have to put hats on before we go out. We have to keep a low profile."

"Understood," said Jungkook. "You really think this will go over well?"

"I do. You need to stop worrying," said Taehyung.

"I can't help it sometimes," he said, "Especially after the latest revelation."

Taehyung stopped his scrubbing of the countertop to turn and give Jungkook his full attention.

"Look, if we end up being brothers, that won't change the relationship we have," said Taehyung. "Regardless of what happens, I don't think our lives will ever be without each other again. We've gone through something together that is completely and utterly unique. I mean, who else has gone through what we have?"

"True," said Jungkook as he took a deep breath. He was reassured by Taehyung's words and tried to relax some. Worrying wouldn't do him any good anyway.

With those comforting words spoken, Taehyung and Jungkook finished scrubbing everything down before Taehyung dug out his phone.

"I'm going to try to call Jimin and update him on the plan," said Taehyung. "I also want to see if he found out anything at the restaurant where that psychic works. He hasn't reached out to me all day which is odd for him."

"That sounds good," said Jungkook. "I can handle supper while you do that. I make some really good ramen."

Taehyung gave a soft smile, nodding his head as he slipped out of the bathroom and up the stairs to go to his room to make the call. Jungkook meanwhile walked from the bathroom to the kitchen. Even though he had lived at Taehyung's place for a little while now, he still had trouble remembering where everything was. As he began to tug open cupboards in search of the ingredients he was looking for, he noticed a movement out of the corner of his eyes. He lifted his head to see that it was Laylin. Her recently dyed electric green hair was a sharp contrast to her warm brown eyes as she narrowed them in on him.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for ramen," he said as she chuckled.

"Like usual then. You always did that back home too. Acted like you were starved all the time."

"What can I say? I get hungry," he said with a small grin.

She walked over to him, studying him for a moment with his newly dyed blue hair. Jungkook watched as she grabbed up a nearby paper towel to dap it gently against his forehead. When she brought the paper towel back, Jungkook was able to see that there was another smudge of blue there.

"My blue boy is injured," she teased.

"Oh no. What am I going to do?" he teased back. "How do I stop the bleeding? Are you able to save me?"

Laylin fell silent as she put the paper towel down on the cupboard. She quirked a brow as she crossed her arms.

"Is someone flirting with me?"

Jungkook felt a blush cross his cheeks as he looked at Laylin.

"I thought you were waiting until you got your body back to pursue a relationship," continued Laylin when she saw that Jungkook was at a loss for words.

"I...I'm sorry."

Jungkook knew that was lame, but that was all he could think to say. He had established the boundary not even a full day ago and here he was already succumbing to the temptation again. It was just hard for him to remain solid in what he had said with Laylin in front of him; the woman he had been chasing for years and who was finally his. He suddenly felt a hand land softly on his wrist, turning to look at Laylin.

"Don't apologize. It's hard for me too especially knowing that - if either of us had said something earlier - we could have been in a relationship all along."

"I wish I hadn't been scared to admit my feelings for you," said Jungkook. "I just never thought I could compete against Taehyung. I'm not him. Well...you know what I mean."

"I do know what you mean. Yes, you aren't him, Jungkook but I love that about you. You're you and you're perfect that way."

"Now who's the one flirting," he said with a wicked side grin.

Laylin chuckled as she locked her eyes on his. She could see glimpses of Jungkook's impish gleam hidden with the rich honeycomb brown of the irises.

"Close your eyes," said Jungkook then. It was a sudden command but one that Laylin listened to instantly.

The moment that her eyes were closed, Jungkook moved his hands to her hips to gently maneuver her so that the small of her back was pressed against the nearby counter. He opened one of the higher cupboard doors, keeping it open so that it hid her face and would look like he was looking for ramen still. He took a quick peek around as his heart started to race in his chest before putting his left hand on her hip and his right hand on a shelf in the cupboard behind her head. Closing his eyes, he leaned in to brush his lips against her. It was so faint and gentle at first that he could hear the small gasp that left her lips. The smirk trickled back across his face before he planted his lips fully against hers in a sweet yet gentle kiss; Laylin soon kissing him back with the same tender desire.

Their lips moved naturally together, never losing connection with one another expect for allowances for air to be able to continue again and again. Jungkook's left hand gripped Laylin's hip a bit tighter as the kissing wore on. Jungkook twisted his fingers into the fabric of her sky blue t-shirt; the new hair coloring that they were each sporting as brilliantly vibrant and messy as their love.

 Jungkook twisted his fingers into the fabric of her sky blue t-shirt; the new hair coloring that they were each sporting as brilliantly vibrant and messy as their love