10. Who's Laylin?

Jungkook couldn't sleep that night. Lying in a bed that felt like its sole desire was to swallow him whole, he kept his gaze tracking across the shadows on the ceiling. This whole thing he was going through felt like some sort of odd dream. The only time anything felt familiar was when he was around Laylin. He forgot he was a celebrity now when he was around her, and felt like himself. However, he wasn't himself, and every time she shot him a look of gratitude or love she thought she was doing it towards Kim Taehyung.

"Aissi!"

Jungkook rolled onto his stomach, sandwiching a pillow about his head. He hated that everything was so complicated now. Jungkook couldn't remember ever falling asleep, but he eventually did. He was still completely out when morning came; softly snoring with the pillow still half about his head. Jungkook was so out of it he didn't hear the buzzer sounding out throughout the house indicating that someone was at the front gate.

Jimin and Hobi stood at the gate. Jimin reached out to press his finger against the buzzer for the fifth time; holding it there as he hoped the incessant buzzing would drive Jungkook into opening the door. Hobi stood beside Jimin with some notebooks stacked in his arms.

"You're going to break it."

"I'm going to break him," said Jimin in reply as he sighed, removing his finger from the buzzer.

Jimin had wanted to be polite when they first arrived and not enter the code to gain access to the house. However, he could see that he was going to have to anyway. Typing in the same code he did yesterday, he soon pushed open the black gate and began to walk up the path; Hobi close on his heels.

"Jimin...I know you're stressed, and you get to be a grumpy little grumugeon when you are, but you need to calm down..."

"I know he just got out of the hospital, Hobi, but yesterday's session...It was awful! It's like Taehyung lost his ability and talent all of a sudden!"

"Jimin, that's not nice at all."

"Well, it's true!" said Jimin as he entered the second code to gain access through the front door.

Hobi stood by the front door, shutting it behind him as Jimin bounded up the staircase to Taehyung's room. Jimin opened the door once he arrived, seeing Jungkook still asleep.

Reaching over, Jimin grabbed a loose pillow nearby and smacked him in the arm with it

"Wake up! We have work to do!"

"Five more minutes..." groaned out Jungkook. "Lay off Laylin..."

"Laylin?" asked Jimin in shock. "Who the heck is Laylin? Tae? Are you seeing someone?"

Jungkook didn't realize he had let her name slip as he fell back to sleep. Jimin threw the pillow on the ground, walking around the bed until he was facing Jungkook's turned away body.

"KIM TAEHYUNG! WAKE UP OR I'M GETTING WATER!"

Hobi moved to stand in the bedroom doorway having gone to catch up with Jimin, looking in at the two of them.

"Can't you see he is exhausted?" asked Hobi.

"Yes, but as I told you, we need to get to work. He fooled around enough before all this, and now he is wasting even more time..."

Jungkook started to come around at the sound of the two of them arguing, rolling over with his hair askew to look at them through half lidded eyes. For a moment, he forgot who he was, and was confused as to where he was and who they were.

"Why are there two random people arguing in my room? Where's Laylin?..."

There was that name again. Jimin turned to look at Jungkook; Hobi even arching a brow in surprise at the name. Jungkook moved to sit up, rubbing at his eyes with the palms of his hands before looking about him. He took in the bedroom and then Jimin and Hobi. The more he began to wake up, the more he began to remember what his new reality was. He felt his cheeks flush in realizing that he had dropped Laylin's name. He was still supposed to pretend he was Taehyung.

"I'm up," he said, half staggering out of bed as he tried to get with the program. Waking up had never been easy for him.

Jimin and Hobi watched as he half staggered towards the walk-in, disappearing inside before re-emerging with an outfit. Jimin and Hobi were still silent as Jungkook disappeared behind the bathroom door to wash up.

"Who is Laylin?" asked Hobi.

"I'd love to know," said Jimin. "First Taehyung was obsessed with this need to find some long lost brother that probably doesn't exist and now he's apparently obsessed with this Laylin. Maybe he lied about the brother search to go out with this Laylin woman behind our backs. Maybe that is why he is so off."

"He's also still trying to recover from the accident," piped up Hobi. "I love how you seem to have forgotten that he had an accident, Mr. HE HAS AMNESIA!"

Jimin rolled his eyes as he dug out his phone; Hobi walking over with a peaked interest.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to start going through social media to see if I can find a Laylin. I want to know who this woman is. Maybe she's the key to getting him back on track."

- - -

AN: I do not own the gif used in this chapter.