41. Fish Fight

"What is taking Jin so long? It's a shed. It's not like he could have lost the book in there..." muttered Jimin who - with the help of Hobi and Namjoon - had managed to get the cat man to get his fingers off the window. The evidence of his fingers having been plastered there remained though; traces of his fingerprints glinting in the afternoon sunlight.

"He might have gotten caught by his parents and dragged back to work," said Namjoon as he moved towards the restaurant. "Let me check."

As soon as Namjoon opened the door to the restaurant, the fragrance of fish in the air became a thousand times stronger. Jimin watched as the cat in Yoongi's body lurched forward to try to race into the restaurant while there was an opening. A loud hiss of disapproval could be heard from Yoongi in the cat's body at that action. Jimin tried to react right off, throwing himself at the back of the cat man to tackle him to the ground. A few patrons inside saw Jimin's ungraceful tackle and turned to look at him like he was the one with the problem. Jimin chose to ignore the looks his way, hoping that none of the patrons would dig out their phones for a picture as he kept his arms about the cat man as they laid tangled on the ground together, keeping him close to his chest.

"Stop it! You're a man right now so you need to act like it," he whispered harshly in the cat man's ear even though he knew that trying to reason with him was more than likely futile.

In response, the cat man let out a half human half cat sound of disapproval, trying to get free of Jimin's hold by scratching with his fingers at Jimin's arm.

"Thank goodness for this man's perfectly manicured nails," muttered Jimin softly with a sigh of relief.

Namjoon - who had opened the door to check for Jin and accidentally opened it to the chaos that followed - closed the door before turning to look at Jimin and the cat in Yoongi's body as they laid on the ground together like a human pretzel.

"Jin's back at work. I can see him trying to escape, but he's currently under the watchful eye of his father."

"So what do we do in the meantime?" asked Hobi.

Yoongi the cat looked at Namjoon with a look of expectation himself.

'Come on. You numbskulls can't leave me stuck like this,' thought Yoongi before looking over at Jimin holding his cat filled body down. 'My pride has already been wounded enough in the last few minutes to last a lifetime.'

Of course - being a cat - Yoongi couldn't say any of this out loud. Namjoon finally took a deep breath before replying.

"Do you think you can get him to the shed for now?"

"Do I think I can what now?" Jimin asked in slight exasperation.

The cat seemed to be realizing with each passing second how much stronger it was in a man's body, twisting and turning so much that Jimin felt his muscles straining to keep him held down. Jimin had to resort to throwing a leg over him to try to keep him to the ground in a move that would have put some wrestling moves to shame. 

"We can help you," reassured Namjoon as he nodded towards Hobi to include him in the 'we'. "Until Jin can get away again, we need to make sure he doesn't get away or cause a scene."

"Think it might be too late for the cause a scene part," said Jimin, "But we can try."

"Once we get him to the shed, I'll bring him some fish to try to settle him. Hopefully it'll only be for a few hours."

'A few hours,' thought Yoongi in despair. He wanted his body back now. He was completely confused by the conversation he had overheard and never expected to be caught in the crossfire. He began to worry that he would be stuck like this forever.