27. New Plans

Jimin sat in the back of an Uber as he stared off into space. The talk with the label had gone exactly the way he thought it would. The three of them were being pressured by the label to adhere to the deadline that had been set. Apparently the label - and Taehyung's parents - weren't happy with the snail like process, and expected them to get the new record ready for approval within the next week. Taehyung's parents also expected the three of them to be present for dinner tomorrow night to discuss the lack of progress. With what Jimin now knew about Taehyung and his newfound situation though, he couldn't help but to be nervous. Taehyung had a hard enough time dealing with his own parents. How was Jungkook supposed to deal with it?

All these worries went to the back of his mind as the Uber pulled up outside a fish restaurant. He furrowed his brows as he looked at the address that Hobi had texted to him.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" asked Jimin, repeating the address to the driver.

"I'm positive," he said. "Now are you getting out or continuing your ride?"

Jimin grumbled under his breath as he dug money out of his pocket to pay the driver before slipping out of the car. There didn't seem to be anyone in the immediate vicinity except for a few patrons that were leaving the fish restaurant. Just as Jimin was digging out his phone to text Hobi, he saw him coming out of an alley with Taehyung and Jungkook in tow. Leading the trio was a man with dimples on full display for him to see.

Before he could greet them though, he noticed them freeze as a woman that had just exited the restaurant approached Taehyung in Jungkook's body. She moved to slip her purchase onto her wrist as she approached Taehyung, cupping his face in her hands.

"Oh it has been so long since I've seen you. I have been so worried about you! I couldn't get you off my mind, so I decided to go out today to my favorite fish restaurant and here you are! This fish restaurant never fails in bringing me good luck, especially when it comes to you."

"I'm sorry to not have contacted in a while, but I'm fine," said Taehyung as he tried to mask his shock.

"I'm surprised to see you," she continued. "Aren't you supposed to be at work right now? You weren't fired, were you?"

"No...I'm on leave because I was in an accident..."

"AN ACCIDENT?!"

The concern in her voice rose several decibels as she released his face in shock as if he had just admitted to a crime.

"Why didn't you tell me about the accident? Why didn't Laylin? Wait...you and Laylin are still living together, aren't you?"

Taehyung just nodded his head. The steady stream of questions was enough to throw his already overwhelmed mind for a loop. As he looked away from the woman, he noticed Jimin standing there just as equally surprised by the situation. He sent Jimin an 'SOS' look with his eyes since he was the only one behind the woman that was able to see it. Jimin caught the look, coming over to them.

"Sorry to interrupt. Jungkook and I have to go talk. Do you mind if I steal him?" asked Jimin as he came over and tossed an arm over Taehyung's shoulders.

"Not at all...but who are you, dear?"

"I'm one of his friends," said Jimin with a smile.

"You made some new friends here after all! You weren't lying to your mom on the phone then!"

Taehyung could hear Jungkook mumbling behind him, and Taehyung had to do the best he could to hide his smirk.

"Of course, Mom. I'm fine. Really. We'll have to catch up sometime."