14. ABC

Taehyung stood behind Laylin in the apartment hallway, staying quiet as he mentally tried to rehearse everything that Jungkook had told him about being this new version of himself. Ever since Taehyung woke up in the hospital three days prior after coming out of some sort of coma, the reality of having switched bodies with someone else fully began to sink in. Jungkook tried to coach him every second they were alone about what his life was like while Taehyung tried to do the same in return. Taehyung knew that he would have to pretend to be each other until they could figure out what was going on. Taehyung had acted before in a drama here or there so he thought he would be alright with playing a roll for a bit, but nothing really prepared him for this. He could already feel the anxiety building up inside him.

"You're finally home," said Laylin as she opened the door. "Excuse the mess."

'What kind of response would Jungkook give to that?' thought Taehyung as he entered the apartment behind Laylin, looking about him.

"When's it not a mess?" he asked with a half smirk, causing Laylin to scoff and turn to look at him.

"I'll let you off easy since you just got home," said Laylin, "But beware that niceness only lasts so long."

"Yes your highness," said Taehyung as Laylin chuckled and shut the door behind him.

'She doesn't seem to think that anything is off,' thought Taehyung as he watched Laylin walk into the kitchen, opening the fridge to peer inside. 'This is a good sign.'

"I'm gonna go settle in. Maybe crash on my bed."

"That's fine," said Laylin. "I'll cook us something for dinner in a while once I take stock of what is in the fridge."

Taehyung nodded, moving through the apartment to where the two bedrooms were. From first glance, he could clearly tell which was Laylin's and which was Jungkook's. He moved into Jungkook's bedroom, shutting the door behind him before moving towards a window to open the curtain. Immediately a thin strip of dust was displayed, twirling and dancing through the air as he took in the disarrayed room he now stood in.

"What is this mess..." tsked Taehyung as he moved to step around piles of clothes on the floor towards the unmade bed; the navy sheets twisted and tossed every which way.

He sat down on the edge of the bed, slipping a hand into his pocket for his phone. Technically it wasn't his phone though. It was Jungkook's. As the lockscreen popped up, he noticed it was a picture of Laylin and Jungkook side by side; their faces displaying wide smiles. It was obvious to Taehyung that Jungkook cared about Laylin. From the picture on his lockscreen to how Jungkook was specific about teaching him how to treat Laylin and about their relationship.

Taehyung typed in the security code that Jungkook had given to him, immediately noticing a missed message. Jungkook had messaged him. He clicked the message immediately.

Taehyung
Still can't sing. Jimin is about to lose it.

Taehyung sighed as he looked at the message, texting back quickly that he was coming before standing up off the bed and moving back out into the other room where Laylin was still puttering around in the kitchen. He and Jungkook had made a pact that they would help each other through all of this, and apparently that pact started now.

"I have to go out for a bit."

"Out? But you just got out of the hospital."

"Yeah, I know, but I...I want some fresh air. I'll be back before dinner."

Laylin paused as she looked over at Taehyung, but reluctantly nodded her head.

"Call me though if you start feeling ill, and stay out of any accidents."