3. The Storm

"What do you mean you're sold out?"

"Exactly what I'm saying. I'm speaking the same language as you, correct?"

"Ha. Funny," said Jungkook as he narrowed his gaze at the man's smirk. Jungkook turned his eyes to look from the man at the stadium box office window to the poster of Kim Taehyung hanging nearby. It was a poster that was advertising that tickets were now available and could be bought at the window. Jungkook gestured at it. "You're falsely advertising then!"

The man didn't seem all too phased by Jungkook's reaction, turning his head halfway to look at the poster that Jungkook was animatedly pointing out.

"We've been busy."

Jungkook wanted to say something, but bit his tongue. The stadium wasn't busy on days where there weren't events being held, and today was one of those days. Jungkook had only bumped into one other person as he entered, and they were an employee.

If it wasn't for Laylin, he would have just given up on this already. This was just another one of the crazy things he did for Laylin because of how much she meant to him.

"Look. Getting tickets is really important to my best friend," said Jungkook after taking a minute to compose himself. "Is there anywhere else nearby that might be selling them?"

The man studied Jungkook for a moment before nodding his head.

"There may be some at the ticket office a few blocks over," said the man. "That would be your best bet."

"Thank you," said Jungkook.

His mother always taught him that being civil towards people even when you felt like biting their head off was the way to go. He looked at the poster of Kim Taehyung dangling outside the box office window for a moment more before pointing at it.

"Can I take this with me since you don't have any more tickets, and that's clearly all it's for?"

"Are you a fan too?"

"No. Like I said, this means a lot to my best friend..."

"Best friend and not girlfriend?"

Jungkook could feel his irritation rising again as he pasted a smile onto his face, pointing at the poster once more.

"Can I take this poster with me or not?"

"Yes, fine. Go for it."

Jungkook nodded, taking it gently off the wall before moving to leave. Laylin would love it, and maybe even love him a bit for it. He knew she wouldn't ever love him like she did this man though. Jungkook looked down at Taehyung's picture as he left the stadium. What a lucky man. He had to be rolling around in money. He wasn't struggling sometimes from paycheck to paycheck the way he and Laylin were. Not to mention that he captured the affection of the woman he loved without even having to lift a finger.

"I wish I were that lucky," muttered Jungkook as he left the stadium to get back into his car. "I wish I could have his life for a bit."

As Jungkook turned on his car once he climbed into the driver's seat, he put the poster of Kim Taehyung on the passenger seat. The dark sky above him opened up as he started to drive off; rain starting to fall on his windshield.

"Just great! Could today get any worse?"

He hated driving when it was storming out, but he was hopeful that the storm wouldn't last too long. As he began to drive down the street, he reached over to turn on the radio. Soon a song he recognized filled the interior of the car. He felt himself begin to relax as he started to sing along with it.

The rain picked up in intensity as the song continued, causing Jungkook to switch on the wiper blades and headlights. As he was singing along to the song on the radio, he drove closer to a crosswalk. The crosswalk lights were not blinking - but as Jungkook got closer to it - he noticed someone in a dark black rain poncho slouched in the middle. He tried to brake, but because of the storm's intensity, he didn't see them until he was right up on them. It didn't leave him much time to react.

Not wanting to kill someone, Jungkook jerked the wheel off to the side, navigating his car into the opposite lane. He noticed too late the blinding pair of headlights beaming him down as the driver of that vehicle was obviously trying to do the same.

The impact with the other vehicle only took a moment; Jungkook feeling weightless for half a second as his car spun upwards. As his car landed on its roof in the middle of the road, Jungkook bashed his head and passed out; blood dripping from his forehead onto the poster of Kim Taehyung that had rolled onto the shattered windshield glass beneath him.

Jungkook had no idea that - just a few feet away - the other vehicle in the accident laid in the same upside down position with Kim Taehyung dangling and passed out in the driver's seat.