Chapter 16

The three of us got into Billy's car, he blared his music and lit his cigarette and then sped off down the road. Max sat in the back quietly while we drove to school. Billy paid attention to the road but I could see his eyes drifting down to my exposed legs every so often and it made me smile. At least I knew he still found me attractive. He didn't slow down as we pulled into the school so the tires screeched and I could see people looking at us as we sped by them.

Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions was blaring from his speakers as he came to a stop in a parking spot. Billy turned off his car and he and I stepped out. He stepped out and quickly slammed his door shut while I held open the door so Max could climb out from the back.

"Have fun Max, try and make some friends." I told her as I closed the door.

"Whatever." Max said as she jumped on her skateboard and skated away towards her school that was just down the hill on the other side of the parking lot.

Billy turned around to watch Max skate away and made a face at how rude Max just was to me.

"She's just nervous." I told him as I walked around to his side of the car.

He was leaning on the drivers side door as he finished his cigarette.

"She is rude." He said as he looked around and took another drag of his cigarette.

I leaned against the door next to him and reached out my hand. I really wanted a joint right now but didnt feel like getting arrested on my first day of school so a cigarette would have to do.

He just rolled his eyes and smiled at me and pulled out his pack and handed me one and the lighter. I lit my cigarette and the two of us smoked in silence. When he was halfway done with his he flicked it off to the side.

"Let's get this over with." He said as he walked away and I did what he had and followed after him.

I could not help but notice the looks he was getting from a group of girls who stood not too far away from us. They were shamelessly checking out his ass. He had only been at this school for ten seconds and I already knew these small town girls were going to be a problem.

The two of us walked in the school, everyone was looking at us. There must not be new students around her often.

"Where the hell is the office?" I asked Billy, wanting to get out of the hall and get our schedules.

"How the hell would I know?" He answered as we both kept walking as if we knew where to go.

"Do you need help finding the office?" A soft friendly voice said from behind us.

We both turned around to see a skinny girl with short brown hair in a ugly green and pink sweater. She was standing with a boy who looked uncomfortable just standing near knew people. He had hair that was a little longer than his ears and a striped shirt with a blue jacket.

"We would love help finding the office." Billy answered her nicely.

I looked at him to see him smiling at her and my blood started to boil. This can't be happening this soon we just got here.

"Hi, I'm Leslie, and this is my brother Billy." I told the girl who had no idea what shit show she just stepped in.

"I'm Nancy and this is my friend Jonathan." She told us, causing Jonathan to awkwardly wave at the two of us.

"Nice to meet you guys." I told them.

"So not your boyfriend?" Billy asked Nancy causing her and Jonathan to look at each other as if they were uncomfortable.