Chapter 64

"It's not like it was before. It's grown." Hopper told us about the gate he had seen under the lab. "A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." He told us.

"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected him.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hopper asked him.

"I said, uh, Demo-dogs." Dustin told him again. "Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together it sounds pretty badass..."

"How is this important right now?" Hopper snapped at him.

"It's not. I'm sorry." Dustin said as he looked back to the table.

"I can do it." Eleven told Hopper, causing everyone to look at her.

"You're not hearing me." Hopper told her.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it." Eleven told him.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem." Mike said. "If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point." Max said to him.

"It is, but if we're really right about this...I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army...!" Mike yelled.

"Will's a part of that army." Lucas added cutting him off.

"Closing the gate will kill him." Mike told the group.

I looked over to Joyce who had an extremely worried look on her face. She was staring off into the distance not actually looking at any of us. She was taking in the information that she had just received. She got up from the table and started walking to Will's room and everyone got up and followed her. Once she was in his room she noticed the open window and looked at it for a moment.

"He likes it cold." She said.

"What?" Hopper asked.

"It's what Will kept saying to me." She answered him. "He likes it cold." She said as she walked over to the open window and closed it.

"We keep giving it what it wants." She told us as she looked back to us.

"If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..." Nancy started to tell us.

"Then we need to make the host uninhabitable." Jonathan finished for her.

"So if he likes it cold..." Nancy said.

"We need to burn it out of him." Joyce informed us.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Mike told us making a very good point.

"Yeah, somewhere far away." Dustin added.

"I have a place." Hopper said and then walked out of the room.

Everyone else followed after him. He walked us all the way outside so there was no way Will could hear.

"I have a cabin out in the woods. Take Denfield, then you'll see a large oak tree. You're gonna swing a right. That road is gonna dead-end. And it's about a five-minute walk from there." He told Jonathan and Joyce.

Hopper then ran back inside and grabbed Will who he had wrapped in a blanket. He placed him on his shoulders like a sack of potatoes and carried him outside to put in their car. Hopper laid him down in the back seat.

"You let me know when that thing is out of him." Hopper told Jonathan before walking back into the house.

Nancy and Steve where outside digging threw the pile of trash that Hopper had tossed out of the shed. They were looking for anything that made heat for them to bring with them. When they came back inside Nancy had decided that she was going with Jonathan and Joyce. I did not know what happened outside but whatever conversation they had seemed to have resolved their issues.