Chapter One

"I can't believe we have to move because Billy can't stay out of trouble. How is this fair he's not even real family? It's not right..." Max complained as the two of us packed up her room.

"My god Max shut up, you have no idea what you're talking about." I snapped at her.

"Why are you even standing up for him? Billy is an asshole." She responded.

"Hey, don't swear, mom would kill me if she thought I was letting you talk like that," I told her.

"But it's the truth. Billy had always been a major jerk, but he has only gotten worse since we moved in together. It's like the longer his hair gets, the angrier he becomes." She told me as she tossed a pair of jeans into a box.

"Of course, he's angry. He didn't want his dad remarrying like we didn't want mom. At least we got to stay in our own home. His dad sold his childhood home, and he had to move in with us so of course, he's angry." I reminded her as I grabbed a handful of her shit and tossed it into a box.

"That doesn't give him the right to be a jerk. Everyone at school hates him. He's a bully and a drunk. This is all his fault. If he didn't beat Tomas nearly to death, we wouldn't have to move. It's the only reason we're moving, and you know it. So, Tomas's parents wouldn't press charges. They ran us out of town. Also, I don't get why you're not pissed off. I mean Tomas was your boyfriend." She said to me.

"Tomas was not my boyfriend. We went on three dates because our parents were friends. That does not make us a couple." I yelled.

I didn't mean to, but the topic was a sensitive one for me. I lost all control as my blood started to boil just thinking about Tomas.

"God, even you have changed. You would never have yelled at me before Billy, and his dad moved in." She responded as she taped up her box.

"Little red your mom wants you in the kitchen," Billy said from the doorway.

He was leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed causing all his muscles to flex under his tight short sleeve shirt that was almost all the way unbuttoned. His chest peaked through the opening and it took all my strength to pull my eyes away from his chest and to his face that was looking back at me with his sexy ass smirk on his face. His eyes did not break contact with mine as Max walked out of the room. The second she did his eyes ran up my entire body licking his lips as they made their way back up to my face.

He stepped into the room slowly moving his way towards me with his predatory gaze that would send most people running in the other direction. Once he was entirely through the door, he kicked it closed with his foot before closing the distance between us.

"What do you want, Billy?" I asked him as I crossed my arms as I looked up at him.

He didn't say anything at first, he just stood there, his eyes flicking from my eyes to my lips and back again.

"Did you come in here to tell me something or just to stare at me?" I asked him, trying to get any response out of him.

"Well can you blame me. The view is amazing." He responded as he wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me flush against him.

I could not help but smile as I tried and failed to push him away. His grips on my waist tightened and would definitely leave bruises. That's the way he liked it, always leaving his mark on me for everyone to see. He was always the possessive type, even before our parents got married. Even before he became so filled with anger and hate, before the drinking and drugs he always wanted everyone to know I was his — everyone except for our parents that is.

My mom wouldn't let me date. She was worried I would get knocked up by some loser and become a teen mother like she had. Billy never wanted me to come to his place. He didn't want me around his dad. I didn't understand why he had taken other girls home before me. It wasn't until we all moved in together that I realized he was scared of his dad and didn't want me around. He was trying to protect me. He would always pick me up a few doors down from my house, and we would park at the beach in his car. In secret, like what we were doing was wrong.