Chapter 56 - Billy's POV

I had spent hours driving around looking for Leslie and Max. I had no idea where they were or if they were even together. Max was still at the house when Leslie had snuck out so wherever they are there probably not together. Max was probably fine with her friends but if something happened to her and I didnt look for her Leslie would never forgive me. I looked everywhere she liked hoping to find the two of them and I had no luck. It seemed as if no one had seen either one of them all day. I found out where Jeff lived and went there.

Eddie had come by and told the band that Leslie was missing. Apparently she never showed up for practice so Eddie was also out looking for her. Even though I hated the idea of the two of them alone together I hoped that he would find her if I couldn't.

It's not like her to be gone this long. She left sometime last night and it was almost night again and there was no sign of her. I was starting to wonder if I should tell Neil and Susan. I know he would blame me but at this point something could have happened to them.

Leslie could be dead in a ditch and the only people who knew she was missing were Eddie and I. I pulled into the parking lot of the video store and parked the car.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I punched the steering wheel causing the horn to sound.

I ran my hands through my hair as I struggled to catch my breath. I was unable to control my breathing. I think I was having a panic attack. I closed my eyes and forced myself to take slow deep breaths until I could breath more normally. There was a nock on my window that scared the shit out of me causing me to jump.

I looked out the window to see that Chris was standing there with a worried look on her face.

I rolled down the window and looked back at her.

"Do you need something?" I asked her.

"I just saw you when I was coming out of the store and I wanted to see if you were okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answered her.

"You don't look fine." She responded.

"Actually, maybe you can help me." I told her.

"Anything." She replied with a smile.

"Have you seen Leslie or my other stepsister Max at all today?" I asked her.

"I haven't seen Max but I saw Leslie this morning." She answered.

"You did? Where? When? Was she okay?" I asked as I got out of the car and looked around as if Leslie would appear.

"This morning around nine I think. It was at the grocery store right after it opened." She told me.

"What was she doing at the grocery store?" I asked her.

"She was buying a bunch of beef. It was weird." She told me.

"Why would she be buying a bunch of beef? I asked her. "Did she seem okay?"

"Besides the fact that she looked like unter shit, she seemed okay. I asked her and Steve what they were doing and they said they were preparing for a cookout or something." She answered.

"Wait, she was with Steve?" I asked her.

"Yep." She answered.

My blood started to boil. Why was she with Steve? Had she been with him all night. Had she snuck out to see him? Is she still with him? What the hell are they doing? A million thoughts were running through my head. I couldn't understand what was happening. Yesterday was such a good day. The two of us were getting along better than we had in a long time. We even got matching tattoos. That was her idea. So what the hell was she doing with Steve Harrington. She spent the night with him, and it doesn't look like she plans on coming home at all tonight. She doesn't even have the decency to call and let us know she's okay.