Chapter 74

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to school the next week. The doctor apparently told my mom I should stay home for a week. Get used to being at home in my condition before trying to navigate school. So when Monday came around I was stuck at home while Billy drove Max to school. Mom was home and so was Neil but he was asleep so we had to be quiet. The quiet in the house was defining. My mom also wouldn't leave me alone. She would come in every few minutes to make sure I was still alive. All I had to do was stay in my chair and think about how Billy didn't even so much as look at me all weekend.

When we came home from the hospital he helped me inside but then went straight to his room. Where he stayed most of the weekend. He came out to eat Saturday, he quickly made a plate of meatloaf and potatoes, ate it and went back to his room. Sunday he left early in the morning and was gone all day. He didn't come back until after it was dark. I spent the entire time he was gone wondering what he was doing, and who he was with. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get him out of my mind.

Around noon Neil left to go to work and thankfully shortly after that my mom left to go to the store. I was left alone for the first time since the accident and was finally able to relax. I pulled myself out of the chair and onto the couch where I lied down and turned the tv on. I was sure there would be something on tv I could watch. I was laying there for no more than five minutes when there was a nock on the door.

"No." I said out loud as I forced myself up to look at the door.

Maybe if I dont answer they will go away. I thought.

Unfortunately they did not, a few seconds later the knocking continued.

"Fuck." I said as I struggled to get off of the couch and back into my wheelchair.

It took me a few minutes and all the while the knocking continued. Whoever was at the door was going to die. When I finally reached the door I turned the knob and tried to open it but the chair I was sitting in was blocking the way.

I let out a large sigh and unlocked the door and rolled my ass backwards a few feet.

"The door is open!" I yelled hopefully whoever it was wasn't here to kill me.

A few seconds later the door slowly opened but to reveal Eddy was standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I was confused as to why he was standing at my front door.

"I wanted to see how you were doing. I thought you might need some company." He told me.

I smiled and got out of his way.

"Come in." I told him as I struggled to get the wheel to get unstuck on the rug from the living room.

"Here let me help." He said as he ran in closing the door behind him.

He grabbed the back of my chair and lifted my wheel from where it was stuck moving me with ease into the living room. He turned me so I could see the tv again and sat down on the couch next to me.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" I asked him.

"I could afford to miss one day." He answered.

"Aren't you repeating senior year?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but this will be my year. I already know all the mistakes I made last year and I won't make them again." He answered as he put his feet up on the coffee table.

"Just letting you know not to do that..." I said as I pointed to his feet. "Don't do that when my parents are around."

"They left you here all alone?" He asked as he looked around the empty house.