Chapter 61

"Can you see anything?" Steve asked me after a few minutes of silence.

"I can't see anything; my eyes are closed." I answered him.

"Okay smart ass, you know what I mean." he replied as he sat down on the floor and rested his body against the couch next to me.

"No Steve, I don't see anything." I answered him as I opened my eyes to see he was sitting much closer to me than I thought.

"Personal space." I told him.

"Yeah, I don't know what that means." He jokes.

"You really can't see anything?" He asked me.

"I have no idea how this works Steve. I only realized it's something I can do a few hours ago." I reminded him.

He opened his mouth to speak when all the lights started to flicker in the entire house. A loud screaming noise was coming from outside. Everyone got up and was looking out the window by the time I caught up to them. It continued for a few seconds until everything went quiet and the lights stopped flickering. I looked around the room and saw a pike of Will's drawings stacked on the counter. I looked at them as I pushed them all aside so I could see them all. There was one of the Mind Flayers outside of the school that caught my attention. It's what I had seen that day, the day I had a seizure. I picked up the picture and held it in both hands while I closed my eyes. I concentrated as much as I could on the drawing, on what was in the drawing. It happened like at the junkyard.

I was pulled in. I could almost feel the tug as if I was getting physically pulled. Then I was in the shed with them, seeing what Will was seeing. I could feel what he was feeling.

"Leslie, what's going on?" I could hear Steve ask from my left.

But I didn't dare open my eyes out of fear I would lose the connection.

"It's working." I told him.

"Shit, really?" He asked.

"Can you see the Mind- Flayer?" Dustin asked.

"No but I can feel him and he's angry." I answered. "Angry and scared." I corrected as I caught onto the hidden emotion that was buried underneath.

"Scared of what?" Lucas asked.

"Scared of Will. Of what Will is trying to tell them." I answered.

"That means he knows how to kill it." Max said.

"How do we kill it? Leslie dig deeper, find out what Will knows." Dustin told me.

I tried to dig into Will's mind but I couldn't get past what was on the surface. What he was seeing at the moment. The Mind-Flayer had built a wall, a sturdy one to keep me out. I tried to push against it but the second I applied pressure a intense pain threaded its way through my entire brain. I yelled out in pain as I fell over, dropping the drawing to clutch my head. Once I let go of the drawing it was like the connection was gone and the pain started to fade. All except for the migrain I could feel forming.

"What the hell happened?" Max asked as her and Steve helped me up.

"I couldn't get in. I don't think I can do that kind of thing. I could only see what Will was seeing at the moment." I told her.

"Why were you screaming?" Dustin asked.

"You looked like you were in pain." Lucas told me.

"I was." I answered him."I think it knew I was there, the Mind-Flayer. It pushed me out."I told them.

"That can't be good." Steve said.

"You're not doing that again." Max told me.

I smiled at her as she helped me into a chair at the table. About ten seconds after my ass hit the chair Hopper, Joyce, Jonathan and Mike came in the back door. Hopper grabbed a piece of paper and pen and sat at the table next to me and started to write something.