Chapter 63 - Billy's POV

I had been driving around for over two hours now trying to find Max and Leslie. I had no idea where Max was and even though Chris said Leslie was with Steve I was still really worried about her. It was not like her to disappear like this, not ever and not for this long. Something was wrong. I went to Steve's house first figuring Leslie would be there with him and she would know where to find her sister but she wasn't there. I then drove into town to find a pay phone and called some kids from the basketball team to find out where Eddie lived. Maybe he found them.

It was a long conversation that I wanted to just get out of. Trying to explain to these idiots why I wanted Eddie "The Freak" Munsons address was tiring.I drove to the trailer park where he lived and I saw his van parked in front of one of the trailers. I walked over to the front door and started banging on the door. A minute later Eddie opened the door. It looked like he was fucking high which didnt surprise me becasue he was the towns drug dealer.

"Is she here?" I asked him.

"No." He answered but I didn't believe him.

I pushed my way past him and into his trailer and started looking around.

"She's not here." He said as he sat down on a disgusting looking couch.

"The band and I were out looking for her all day. None of us could find her." He told me.

I looked over to him and he actually looked sad.

"Maybe we should call Hopper." Eddie said.

"Who the hell is Hopper?" I asked him.

"He's the Chief of Police." He answered.

"Where not calling the cops. Not yet." I told him. "Have you seen my other sister? Max, she's like Leslie but smaller and meaner." I told him.

"Is she missing too?" He asked.

"Yeah she snuck out sometime after Leslie did." I answered him.

"Sorry man. I would still be out looking for her but my uncle needs the van to get to work." I told him.

"I dont give a fuck what you do but if either one of them crosses your path brign them the fuck home!" I yelled at him as I stormed out the door.

I got into my car and lit a cigarette. I sat there for a few minutes as I smoked trying to think of anywhere else Leslie or Max could be. Who else does Leslie and Max no. Leslie seems to be friends with Nancy, and I remember Nancy saying she had a brother in the same grade as Max. Maybe they could be there. Also Max might have snuck out to see Lucas. I went back to Eddies door and knocked on it.

"What Billy?" He asked annoyed as he answered the door.

"Where does Nancy Wheeler and Lucas Sinclair live?" I asked him.

"Why would you assume I know that?" He asked me in return.

"Becasue this town is small as fuck and everyone knoes everyones busness. So where does she live?" I asked him again.

He rolled his eyes and then walked inside and wrote their address's down on a piece of paper for me.

"Anything else?" He asked, causing me to grind my teeth.

God I wanted to hit him. If he wasn't one of Leslies band mates I would.

I left and drove to Lucas's address that he had given me. I parked the car in front of a nice house. All the houses on this street were big, and perfect. It must be nice growing up on a street like this. I made my way to the front door and rang the doorbell. No one answered so I rang it again. This time I could hear a woman yelling inside but still no one answered the door. I did not have the time for this. So I started ringing the doorbell repeatedly. Whoever was inside would have no choice but to answer the door. Finally an older lady answered the door. She looked annoyed to see me for a second but then shocked to see me standing there. She actually stopped in her tracks and stared at me. I noticed that she was standing there in her bathrobe.

"Oh. Hi." She finally said.

"Hi." I replied with the friendliest smile I could form on my face.

This was clearly Nancy's mom and I knew exactly how to impress hot middle aged moms.

"Hi." She said again as she looked down and adjusted her robe.

"I, uh, didn't realize Nancy had a sister." I told her, causing her to look away and chuckle.

"What's so funny?" I asked her.

She placed her hand on her chest and smiled again before answering.

"I'm Nancy's mother." She told me as if I didn't already know that.

"No." I responded.

"Yes." She replied as she chuckled again.

Clearly it's been a long time since anyone showed this lady any attention.

"Mrs. Wheeler." I said as I smiled back at her.

"Um, I'm sorry, and you are?" She asked me as she struggled to find her words.

"Billy. Billy Hargrove." I answered her as I reached out to shake her hand.

I softly grabbed her hand and placed my other one over the hand I was holding.

"You must be here for Nancy." She said to me as I still held onto her hand that she wasn't pulling away.

"Nancy? No, no, no. Not my type. Uh..." I answered her. "No, actually, I am looking for my sisters, Leslie and Max." I told her. "Max sometimes goes by Maxine. They have been missing all day, and, uh, to be honest with you, I've been worried sick, you know, so..." I told her that was not a total lie.

"Oh." She responded.

"I thought Max might be at Lucas', but Mrs. Sinclair said your house is the..." I said as I took a second to smile at her. "The designated hangout, so, you know..." I finished as I put out my arm grabbing on the door frame so I could lean in a little to her.

I took up the entire doorway so she had no choice but to look at me.

"Here I am." I told her.

She licked her lips as she stared into my eyes. I don't even think she realized she did it.

"I'm sorry but they're not here." I told him. "But Mike is at his friend Will's. If Lucas isn't home most likely there all there." She told me.

"Would you mind giving me the address?" I asked her.

"They live pretty far out in the woods. Why don't you come inside and I can write you down directions." She told me as she stepped aside so I could enter.

I smiled at her and stepped inside.

"I would appreciate that. You're a big help." I told her as she closed the door behind me.

I followed her into the kitchen. We walked by an older man who was asleep in a chair in the living room. That must be her husband, Nancy definitely gets all her positive qualities from her mom. There was a tray of cookies on the counter that I was leaning on, so I took one.

"Their driveway is pretty dark this time of night." She said as she was writing the address and directions down on a piece of paper. "So drive slowly." She said as she handed me the paper.

"Always." I told her as I took the paper between two of my fingers.

"And when you see Mike, tell him to come home already, okay?" She told me.

"You're a real lifesaver, you know that?" I told her then took a bite of her cookie.

She smiled and looked away again, clearly she was into me.

"Anytime." She responded with a large smile on her face.

"I'll see you later." I told her as I turned to walk away.

As I was making my way to the front door I could feel her eyes on me. I hurried back to my car and slammed the door after me. I looked at the piece of paper that she had given me and hoped that they would be there so I didn't have to do this anymore.