Chapter 49

There was a loud crash that woke me up. I shot up and hit my head on something. I reached up and put pressure on where I just hit my head and then started to panic when I realized I was in the back seat of a car.

"What the fuck is going on?" I called out.

"Shit she's awake." A voice said from outside.

Shit Im being kidnapped. I thought as I tried not to panic.

"Yeah I see that." A second more familiar voice responded.

I looked out the rear view window to see who was out there but I was blinded by a bright light that was shining in on me.

"Turn off the light dumb ass your scaring her." The first voice said.

A second later the light was turned away from me and it took a second for my eyes to adjust. When I was able to see clearly I noticed that I knew my two abductors. One was Steve, and the other was one of Max's friends.

I got out of the car and took a few steps back from them.

"What is going on? Where am I?" I said as I looked around at the unfamiliar neighborhood.

"Leslie, it's okay. I know this is probably very confusing and scary for you but I can explain." Steve tried to tell me as he held up his hands and that's when I noticed the bat he was holding.

The bat that was filled with nails sticking out of it. They are going to kill me. I'm going to fucking die here. I was about to run when I took one step and a sharp pain coursed through my feet. I looked down to see I was barefoot and my feet were killing me.

"It's okay, if you just let me, I can explain." Steve said as he lowered the bat realizing why I was so scared.

"Oh for the love of god we don't have time for this." The younger boy said. "Hi, Leslie I don't know if you remember me but I;m Dustin, one of Max's friends. This is my house. Steve was driving me here and we found you sleeping, walking or something in the middle of the road." He told me.

"We didn't know where you lived." Steve added. "We were waiting for you to wake up."

"Why do you have a bat?" I asked him.

He looked down at it but didn't know what to say. He looked back to Dustin for an answer.

"This is going to sound crazy but remember Dart?" He asked me.

"The frog we were chasing around your school?" I asked him.

"Yes." He said excitedly. "Only it's not a frog, it's something else." He answered as he looked to Steve for help.

Steve just shrugged his shoulders causing Dutsin to roll his eyes before looking back to me.

"Something else?" I asked him.

"Yeah, he's changed." Dustin answered me.

"Changed how?" I asked.

"He's now the size of a small dog." He told me.

"Yeah he ate Dustin's cat." Steve told me.

These two guys were making no sense. They were either crazy or the worst liars in the entire world.

"That's why Steve has the bat. I locked him in the basement." Dustin told me.

"You're going to kill him?" I asked.

"That's the plan." Steve answered.

"You guys are fucking nuts." I said as I tried to look around for an escape.