Chapter 66

I woke up with my head resting against something hard. I was being thrown around alot and that was what woke me up. The loud revving of Billys car was the only noise my ears could make out. My vision was still blurred as I tried to make sense of what I was looking at. The world was literally blurring by me.

"Oh my god Leslies awake!" Dustin called out.

I turned my head to the other direction and saw that my head was resting on Steve's shoulder. I blinked a few times before I was able to see enough to realize he was knocked out. Dustin was sitting on the other side of him holding an ice pack on his head. Mike was squished between Dutsin and the door holding a red canister of liquid in his hands. I sat up and looked at Steve who looked as bad as I felt.

Both of his eyes were black and blue. He had bruises all up his hose and across his entire forehead. His cheeks were bruised as well. Blood dripped out of his nose. And his lip was swollen and cracked in half. There was also a large gash on his chin as well that was covered with a rainbow band aid. Billy did a number on him.

"Is he okay?" I asked as I reached out and turned his face to me so I could get a better look.

"Does he look okay?" Dustin yelled at me.

I looked around to see that Lucas was in the front passenger seat and Max was driving.

"Max what the hell are you doing?" I asked her.

"You and Steve were unconscious and I am the only one who knows how to drive!" She yelled back at me.

"Practinging in an empty parking lot is not knowing how to drive." I reminded her.

"Where's Billy?" I asked.

"We left him back at the house. Who cares?" Mike snapped.

"You just left him there?" I asked.

"Why do you care?" Lucas asked.

"Because he's drugged and passed out on the floor. He could overdose or the demo-dogs could come back and kill him." I said.

"We could only hope." Dustin mumbled but before I could respond Steve started to move.

"Nancy?" Steve said softly, causing my head to snap back in his direction.

"Holy shit you're awake." I said as I hugged him causing him to groan in pain.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I told him.

He groaned as she reached up to try and grab his head.

"No, don't touch it." Dustin told him as he grabbed his hand to stop him from touching his face.

"Hey, buddy..." Dustin said as he smiled at him. "It's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight." He lied to him.

"You're okay." I told him as I grabbed his hand.

"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Lucas was telling Max from the front seat.

Steve squinted and looked at Lucas realizing he was in the front seat. I could see the confusion in his eyes. I wasn't even sure he realized he was in a car yet.

"What's going on?" Steve asked as he looked over to Max who was driving the car and then to me who was sitting next to him.

"Oh my God!" Steve yelled when he realized Max was driving the car.

"Just relax. She's driven before." Dustin told him as he continued to hold the ice pack to his head.

"Yeah, in a parking lot." Mike snapped, seeming to agree with me.