#3

-D.F

"Best behaviour? ok?" I whispered patting Spear's hair down so it did not look as messy. "And be polite, remember to use your manners" I straightened his jacket and smiled. We were currently in front of the Lorenzo household waiting for the door to open.

"I know" Spear repeated after each demand I laid on him. I nodded my head and rose from my knees quickly brushing myself off.

The door made some noise as the person on the other side was probably unlocking it. I held onto Spear's hand tighter as the nerves were starting to take place. The door opened and to my surprise stood Cutty Sark in all his glory. Wait, what? His hair was fluffy and pushed back away from his face. His dark eyes stared at me with the same amount of confusion I had only it was harder to see as he shielded every emotion from his face.

"Am I at the right house..." I said speaking out loud. Cutty tilted his head at me before turning around and staring at the multiple people in the main area.

"Who's here?" Someone spoke walking up to the door, I sighed as I saw Essence's husband come into view. "Davina," Killian said as he made eye contact with me. "welcome, come in" his arm went over Cutty Sark's as he pulled him slightly away so that there was enough room for me and Spear to walk through.

"Who is she?" The man spoke sending chills down my spine. His voice was so smooth. Killian shut the door as Spear and I entered hesitantly. Multiple voices filled my ears as people ran through the house screaming and yelling.

"The twins are friends with Spear. He is staying here for a couple of hours" Killian mumbled behind us. I could hear the man hum at his words and ask another question.

"She's the mother?"

"Sister."

"Where the hell are my shoes! I'm going to murder you guys!" A woman yelled running up the large set of stairs. My attention turned to the top at three men looking down at her laughing. I recognized two of them from when I picked up Spear a couple of days ago.

"Give her the shoes," another man said coming from behind them. He grabbed the shoes from the unfamiliar man and walked down a few steps handing them to the woman and pecking her lips. "Go get ready." He demanded.

"Davina, Spear" Essence said coming out of the
Kitchen. Her long hair was tied back showing off her big sparkly earrings and necklace. I looked her up and down admiring her red dress.

"You look so good" she smiled and walked towards me with open arms.

"Thank you," she said engulfing me in a quick hug. I smiled and hugged her back before she pulled away. "The kids are in their room," she said to Spear who nodded and ran up the stairs.

"So who exactly is going to be watching them," I asked her.

"Me" I sucked in a breath and turned around. Cutty's head moved slightly daring me to say another word. I didn't know this guy at all but from what I saw at the bar he didn't seem too friendly. Was he even good with kids?

"Oh," I said unsure of what else I could say. "Ok," I nodded and turned back to Essence.

"Don't worry my brother is really good with kids" she said placing her hand on my arm trustingly. I sighed as it was too late to change my mind. "We will be back shortly anyways, we usually don't stay at parties for too long."

"Alright, well have fun. I should get to work I'm already late as it is" I chuckled glancing at the watch on my wrist. "I'll be here at around eight."

"Yeah, no problem. If I'm not back my brother will open the door" Essence said nudging her head behind me. Why wasn't he going to the party? It seemed as if everyone else in the household was going except him.