#63

-D.F

My brows scrunch with my eyes as brightness peaks through my lids. My attempt to roll over fails as I'm trapped in a stronghold. My body burning from two body heat combined I breathe out heavily. I didn't even need a blanket at this point. My body was still so tired I had no intention of waking up anytime soon but the moment my eyes landed on Emilio sleeping in front of me all I wanted to do was stay awake and watch him.

I hadn't decided whether or not I wanted to forgive Emilio. Part of me wanted to push him away and start crying while the other half wanted to stay later up in bed with him forever.

From how stressed he seemed last night this seemed like a refreshing start. His body was at complete peace as he lightly snored with parted lips. He was asleep, in a deep state of sleep at that. One of his arms is under my neck, and the other is thrown around my waist. A yawn leaves my lips and I start to shift in my spot struggling to get away from the light shining through the window.

Man, did this guy not believe in curtains?

Finally turning my body around I gasped when Emilio's arm remained around my waist and grabbed onto my tummy to push my back against him. He sighs out still fully asleep into my hair. My eyes are wide by this point from the contact. Had I been so touch-deprived that him spooning me felt this good?

Why am I so hot?

Facing the side of no light I try my best to ignore my heated body and fall aimlessly against Emilio's arm between my jaw and shoulder. It doesn't take long until I'm completely indulged in darkness.

I stretch for the second time satisfied and over rested. I couldn't help but feel shock as Emilio lay beside me still fast asleep. He didn't leave?

Emilio had been gone every time I woke up whenever I stayed over, it made me even question whether or not he slept the full night but finally seeing him when I woke up felt different.

Maybe this time it was.

Careful to not wake Emilio up I slowly slide out of his hands feeling my bladder twice its normal size. The moment my feet touched the ground I paused no matter how much I needed the bathroom just to make sure Emilio hadn't woken up. He tosses and turns for a few seconds just to hug himself back to a resting position. The moment he breathes out contently I rush into his bathroom.

I cringe when my bed hair looks back at me in the mirror. After using the bathroom and washing my hands I start to brush down my hair with my fingers. "How could anyone look good when they wake up," I mumble when no changes are made.

Creaking the door open a slit I peek out turning the light off before leaving entirely. I spot my phone on his side table but when the clock beside it reads nine AM I know that both Dalia And Spear would be asleep. Saturdays started after twelve for them.

My tongue touches the top of my mouth dry as ever. I scrunch my nose in disgust at the feeling and start to tip-toe out of the room thankful for how quiet my socks made me. I close the door behind me and walk down the hallway of his apartment.

Where was the kitchen again?

Throwing my hair up into a ponytail I trot down the stairs casually. The moment I stop at the bottom of the stairs the elevator doors slide open and voices fill the room. "Milo!" Shit.

Jackson and Xavier are just as shocked to see me as I am them. They stare at my outfit longer than they stare at my face allowing me to read their exact thoughts. "Davina," Jackson says stepping in wearily.

"What are you doing here?" Xavier says following him into the living room. I rub the back of my neck with a chuckle.

"Got stuck here after the storm," I say without hesitation. "It was closest to the bar," they both nod suspiciously.