#39

-D.F

I toss over on Emilio's bed. The rain is evident by the sounds echoing through the room and the blanket itself was not enough to keep me warm. I open my eyes inside the dark room just to barely make out Emilio. He's staring at the ceiling with the blanket we were sharing at his waist. I can barely make out his face but he seems distressed. Why is he up?

"Hey," I say groggily, I place my hand on his arm at the same time which seems to scare him as he flinches and inhales sharply.

I rest on my elbow with a concerned look. His chest rises vastly for two seconds before his breath is studied. He looks and me and closes his eyes for two seconds as if he's composing himself.

"Are you ok?" I ask sliding my thumb against his biceps. He nods and looks up at the ceiling once again. I don't take my hand away and continue to look at him despite his nodding.

"Why are you up?" He side-glances me while asking. I try my best not to shrug when responding.

"It's quite cold in here" I lay back down on his pine-scented pillow and pull the blanket so that it is covering my neck down. Still, I keep on hand on his arm.

"It doesn't feel too cold" he comments and finally turns his body towards me, my hand slips off of his arm. Somehow, I can't help but smile now that his attention is fully on me.

"I'm freezing," I say again and chatter my teeth just to add to my point. He chuckles and places his warm hand on my wrist closest to his body. The blanket I tucked under my neck covered him trailing that same hand up to my shoulder.

"You have goosebumps," Emilio says rubbing my shoulder down to my elbow to create some form of friction. Only this just causes more shivers to hit me.

Something about being in Emilio's presence did something to my body. Physical reactions were bound to happen one way or another, what happened tonight proving exactly the point.

I don't think I've ever felt so taken over by lust, and we were fully clothed. Just one look at Emilio and I was through the roof. It was completely through impulse, everything about Emilio was impulsive. Reckless even.

For the first time in a long time, I had done what I wanted without caring about the consequences.

"I told you it's cold" I hug my body to keep in my body heat but still, I'm cold. "Do you have heat or something?" I complain just to lighten the mood.

"I like this temperature" he scoffs at my turtle-like position and scoots in closer toward me. "I'll keep you warm" he's laughing which makes me feel embarrassed for the time being. It doesn't last long until his hands are on me and all I feel all flustered. He pulls me into him rubbing different parts of my body in an attempt to create warm friction.

"Why are you up?" I ask into his chest. His hands stop moving and simply lay there lifelessly on my body. I raise my head from his chest to look at him. His face mirrors his hands as all emotion is stripped.

"Sleeping troubles." He makes it clear that he doesn't wish to continue on with the conversation from his tone. Not wanting to be pushy I nod and cuddle into him again, wishing I stayed silent.

I don't fall asleep immediately because of the thoughts running in my mind. It seems crazy that I would overthink two words and make it seem like the biggest tragedy there is. But your mind can do crazy things. And somehow mine always liked to look at the negative.

It takes a while before he sinks into the bed completely, leaving his hands to become heavy over me. When his breath becomes loud I peek my head up slowly.