*35*

-E.R

I kissed her.

She kissed me back.

I hadn't fully comprehended what happened until I had gotten home. I kept replaying the kiss over and over in my head, every time it seemed more and more perfect. Now all I wanted to do was kiss her again.

For some unknown reason, I stopped caring about all the 'what if's,' I let impulse steer me in a direction. The direction of her. I never did anything for myself, but she did something for me. Now suddenly, all I wanted was to act through impulse, because fuck did it feel good doing so.

I had spent all morning in my office, the security footage was up on one of my computers just so I'd see when Davina would walk through the door to start her first day here. To say I was glad she took the job would be an understatement.

"Let's go get some coffee," Xavier walked through the door with Jackson not too far behind. I closed all the tabs that were open on my computers leaving me with a blank screen.

"Just get Nancy to do it," Nancy was my assistant, she was a chatterbox which was ironic because of how small and short she was. How could someone so little have such a mouth on them?

"She always gets my order wrong," Xavier groaned, I breathed out a laugh and then nodded.

"Ok we'll run across the street," I got up from my chair and fixed my blazer. They looked at me surprised.

"Wow that was easy convincing," Xavier commented, they both stared at me suspiciously.

"I want coffee" I shrug and make sure I have my wallet in my pocket. "Let's go before I change my mind," I pass them and start walking out. "Morning," I say as I pass Nancy's desk which was right outside my office.

"Morning Mr. Roslyn, could I get you anything?" Nancy smiled at the three of us, it was a smile that took up her entire face and showed almost all of her teeth.

"No thank you. We will be back," I said and started to walk again.

"No problem, just let me know if you need anything, have a good day you two," Xavier and Jackson stayed by her desk for a few moments before they followed after me.

"See you," Jackson called out to her. We then entered the elevator in silence. I clicked the button to the main floor once the door shut.

"No, thank you?" Xavier asked.

"What are you on about?" I snarled, were they gonna watch everything I was doing now?

"I think you've spoken two words to her since she started six months ago. And you used your manners, somethings up," Xavier hummed and got closer to me. I rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder back.

"You do seem chipper than usual, what's got you in such a good mood?" Jackson chuckled just as the doors slide open. We walk out of the elevator and just as we do that Davina struts in from the front doors. She loses her balance a few times while trying to pull her skirt down. Her outfit was probably the most fancy thing I've seen her in. She brushes her hair down with her fingers next and finally catches my eyes. A smile turns up on her lips.

Instinctively I smile back.

"I think we just got our answer," Jackson mumbles to Xavier. They both chuckle behind me as I walk towards Davina, practically ignoring the two chuckling men.

"I look crazy, right? I shouldn't have worn this, it's Dalia's and it barely fits me but I didn't have anything else to wear-" she rambled as she stares down at herself. I could see what she was talking about as I got closer. The clothes are big on her but not to the point where it's extremely noticeable. I also could see a bit of makeup on her face which she barely wore on a day-to-day basis.