#62

-D.F

"Oh my god," Natalia runs into the bar soaked in water. Her hair is in strands from how wet it is, it drips onto her sides leaving wet patches, I hold back a laugh. "I hate the rain," she said shaking off on her way towards me.

"There's a hurricane warning," I chuckle as she squeezes her hair out at the counter. The rain had been pouring all day but in the last hour it picked up enormously, I never understood by we had to work in storms but we were mandatory to Bill. With the bar full of people avoiding the rain we were as busy as ever.

"Fuck," Natalia says looking into her compact, her eyes widen in shock at the sight of her makeup. "I have to go fix up," she says running into the back room, I laugh once again the moment the door closes behind her.

"What's her issue?" Elliot comes to my side with empty cups on a tray. The moment he drops them in front of me I start cleaning them.

"Her makeup," I say shrugging, he starts to laugh uncontrollably, "I'll never understand women." The sentence makes me roll my eyes. "If you ask me you guys look better natural."

"You say that but when we're all dolled up the people that hit on us increase," I raise my brows expecting another come back but when he shrugs in silence I hum knowingly.

"Davina," a sigh leaves my mouth the moment I hear Bill a few feet away. "I need some paperwork done," when I turn my head I see a stack of papers in his arm. Just great.

I never understood why Bill got me to do all of his manager duties, it was like I was the one running the bar instead of him.

The paper stack makes a thud on the counter the moment he places it down. Without any further words, he walks off leaving me jaw dropped. "You should get a raise for that," Elliot says eyeing down the papers. I shrug my shoulders and disregard the dirty cups.

"I'll be back," I say grabbing the heavy stack and walking to the back room where Natalia struggled with her makeup.

"I swear I need a whole mirror back here," she mumbled already knowing who walked through the door. I laugh and place the paper down on the one table we had at the back. She looks down already sitting on the one chair by the desk. "No way. He's getting you to do all of that?" She looks up at me as if I had two heads.

"Do you know who you're talking about? Bill doesn't do anything himself." My daughter leaning against the wall with closed eyes. I can hear Dalia go through the papers mumbling curse words.

"You should just buy the bar at this point," she laughs under her breath. I open my eyes just to roll them. The funny part about it was that she actually looked serious.

"I'm struggling as it is with money, buying a bar is not on my list of things to do," I shake my head denying any possibility of buying anything shortly.

"We need rich husbands," she stands up applying a dark shade of red to her lips. When she turns around I see how her long hair that cascaded down her back started to dry curly.

"I'd rather be rich myself Nat," I sit down on the chair stretching out my arms to prepare for the hours of work ahead of me. "At least I don't have to deal with Drunk people all night," I say trying to make light of the situation.

"True, but tips babe tips," she winks at me before looking down at her waist and tying her apron tightly so that it cinches her already small waist in.

"Go make some tips and let me know how it goes," I grab a blue pen and watch as she leaves the back room chuckling. Once I'm alone I drop any traces of a smile and lay my head down on the papers. "Kill me now..."