#49

-D.F

"He's hiding something," I say the moment Dalia opens her door. Her eyes widen from shock at my state, she steps aside allowing me to strut in preparing a speech in my mind.

"Explanation?" She says locking the door behind us. I land on her couch with a sigh and give her a frustrated look. I was not sure why exactly I was mad, but I knew there was something to be mad at. My hands start to fling all over the place as I explain everything that happened last night. Emphasizing the suspicious portions of it. "Ok, so why didn't you just ask him what's up?" she replies casually.

"Because I have no reason to," I lay my head back with a sigh. The plain ceiling doesn't seem so plain as my head spins. I close my eyes with a sigh. I hear Dalia chuckle and plop down beside me "I'm not anything to him." I think out loud.

"You don't know that Vee." her arm nudges mine.

"He's made it more than clear." I roll my head over at her. "Why didn't you talk me out of this," I whine jokingly.

"Talk you out of what Vee?" She laughs wholeheartedly at my misery. "It's fine to like him." Dalia's hand comes down on my shoulder pushing me back and forth teasingly. Her cheeky smile widens differing from my pout.

"There's a lot I don't know about him," I think of all the possible things he could be hiding.

"I think you know more about him than anyone else does. Plus you already know his job, I promise you nothing could scare you off." She was right about that at least. Knowing briefly what Emilio has done always played a factor in the back of my mind, but each time he was actually in front of me I never thought of it.

"Maybe I should know more." I think out loud. Dalia's eyes brighten for one second before a devious smirk grows across her pink lips.

"You can not be serious." I roll my eyes while being dragged by Dalia. "I really didn't wanna come into work on my day off" I whisper side glancing at the front desk. Curious eyes fall onto me causing my head to turn back around vastly.

"Oh calm down," Dalia says sensing my hesitation, she starts to grip my hand harder so I won't pull away. She leads us to the elevator and scans her key card, I look at her with a sigh as we wait for the elevator to open.

"What are we even looking for?" I ask the moment we enter. The doors close which now gives us more privacy. I delayed clicking the button to which floor so that we had a chance to talk longer, but Dalia clicked the top floor not a second after my thought.

"Anything, you want to know Emilio more right? What better way than to get a sense of his work life." The more she says the more I start thinking about how bad of an idea this is.

The elevator door opens and straight away somebody walks past it, her eyes turn to me and Dalia and only then do I see the headpiece she's wearing. My gaze on her only lasts a second longer as Dalia is back to pulling me alongside her.

"Is it always so busy up here?" I ask her while in shock at how many people stalked the halls.

"You've never been up here?" She looks at me with slight shock, I shrug my shoulders while coming to a sudden stop with her. I take a moment to process where we were.

"What's behind the door?" I say waiting for her to open it. I can see her hiding back a smile which only makes me more suspicious.

"One of Emilio's offices," she says innocently. My jaw drops as I switch my gaze between her and the door. "Hear me out.."

"No." I take a step back but her grip on my wrist only allows me to go so far. I give her a serious look. "Dalia."

"You wanted to know more right?" She justifies her reasoning. My expression doesn't change which causes her to sigh.