#36

-D.F

"They all hate me," I said buttoning up my blazer in the mirror. I have tried on a total of five possible outfits for this receptionist job and non of them were even close to being suitable. "And so do your clothes apparently."

"I'm sorry I don't have any business casual clothes. The things I wear to that place don't matter." Dalia rolls over on my bed so that her she's laying on her stomach with her chin in her hands. "And I'm sure some of them like you."

"Some meaning one. And she's the one in charge of us all" I turn around and face Dalia, she smiles up at me. "Your job seems much easier."

"You say that until you're in my spot. I've had to deal with scary men for the past couple of weeks and pretend to be interested in them." Dalia rolls her eyes.

"What exactly do you do?" I start taking off the blazer around me and throw it on the pile of clothes I've tried on beside Dalia on the bed.

"More than one thing, but seductress, is the only thing that's been assigned to me for the last month, they don't understand that I'm capable of more than getting men horny." she rants with a tired face. I nod while trying on different jackets with the skirt I already had on.

"Why don't you just tell Emilio that," it seemed like a reasonable solution but her face made me think otherwise.

"Are we talking about the same Emilio? The stubborn, quiet, scary, doesn't talk to anyone Emilio," she raises a brow at me which pulls a chuckle from my throat.

"He's not scary, and he actually talks a lot. He's a good guy," Dalia is now the one to laugh.

"Good isn't the word people use to describe Emilio."

"Those people probably just don't know him," I shrug off another jacket which left me in a blouse.

"And you do?" She starts to smirk.

"What?" I ask.

"You know him better than these said people" Dalia sits up from her laying position and crosses her legs. She's smiling with an evil glint in her eyes.

"You're so annoying. I know him as much as I know you, I don't hang out with him like that" I laugh until the door is busted open by Spear. He swings a stuffed monkey in his hand and jumps around the room.

"Vee, when is Emilio coming over?" Spear asks me. Dalia looks over at me questionably, I sigh releasing that my last words completely backfired.

"Emilio's coming over?" Dalia asks Spear.

"Yes! We're having a movie night" Spear spins around in a circle while talking. He suddenly stops abruptly and stumbles to the side from getting dizzy. "Woah" he laughs.

"Oh really?" Dalia looks at me and crosses her arms.

"Spear asked me if he could join us," I say the first thing that comes to mind.

"Mhm," the teasing tone she exerts receives a groan from me. "Oh come on Davina admit you like him."

"Spear why don't you put your toys away before Emilio comes?" Spear nods at my request and skips out of the room humming. I look at Dalia for a few seconds in debate with myself. Finally, I tell her. "We kissed."

Her mouth drops and her hands smack against her cheeks which echoes through the room. She doesn't speak for a few seconds and I start to think telling her was a mistake.

"You guys kissed?" her voice is loud, so loud that I have to shush her. "You guys kissed?" she whispers.

"Yes, we did. It was just a peck though, I doubt he's going to do it again."